News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

I will buy it too.  Play for about an hour and stop. Just like all the other DLCs in this game.  :Embarrass:

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Zanza

Hopefully soon. Looks really promising.

Syt

New Stellaris DLC is out, and (as usual) it seems to be badly balanced and break stuff for now. :D

Much "worse" (for some) is that the DLC also changed the human portraits, see before/after:

The new templates are this:

And, on Steam at least, people are finding the selection too ... dark?

Etc. :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Its funny because Sweden is usually super over represented amongst online fasc circles.

Paradox does seem to have a bit of a struggle in general with its games having become so popular with those groups this past decade.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

There were plenty of snowflakes even before though. I remember someone having a meltdown over the American and German flags appearing one after the other in HoI2, apparently he decided the Swedes were saying Americans are Nazis.
PDH!

Tamas

HOI should never have been made. It ruined everything.

Zanza

I played it a bit and ot felt like the AI was more competent than before. 

Berkut

Can someone sum up the angst? I don't get it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2022, 08:39:47 AMCan someone sum up the angst? I don't get it.

Haters gonna hate.  Supposedly the AI is improved yet again, to the point where it can handle crises in at least some people's playthroughs.

I'm going to give Overlord a shot at some point but my free time is distressingly limited.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2022, 08:39:47 AMCan someone sum up the angst? I don't get it.

The skin tone of the default human is apparently no longer white

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 13, 2022, 09:13:40 AM

The skin tone of the default human is apparently no longer white
So it's just the default that has changed? 

Huh. People get worked up over the strangest things.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Zanza

I feel the game is generally going in the right direction with the Custodians initiative, which fixed existing features and adds minor content to older DLCs to flash them out and the latest DLCs from the main team. AI is getting better as well, performance is okay.

There is still weakness in the midgame, as it gets a bit bland then. The new situation system sounds promising here.

War and diplomacy are not as well made as EU4 and the main strength of Stellaris, exploration, ends eventually. They should think about making exploration necessary and fun in midgame. That would massively add to Stellaris.