News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Like everything else they make, I'll buy it because I can't help it.   :(

E:  That's not to say it won't be any good, just that I'll buy it regardless.

Norgy

This does not interest me one little bit so far. That might change.
HoI IV will be out in the not too distant future. Which is actually interesting to me.

garbon

I think HoI has always been the one series that has never interested me as they don't seem to have ever got the mechanics right.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on August 07, 2015, 07:58:33 PM
I think HoI has always been the one series that has never interested me as they don't seem to have ever got the mechanics right.
+1
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Same here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

HoI and HoI II had interesting research systems but the rest of the mechanics didn't do much for me.  Never played HoI III.

Syt

HoI3 was the game where they put Stalingrad into a completely different location and proclaimed that this doesn't matter, because fun gameplay trumps historicity.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on August 08, 2015, 12:23:37 AM
HoI3 was the game where they put Stalingrad into a completely different location and proclaimed that this doesn't matter, because fun gameplay trumps historicity.

Shame the game wasn't actually fun.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on August 07, 2015, 08:55:40 PM
+1
+2

Norgy

HoI II was a good attempt that I played a lot. But the first and third installments were flawed beyond repair.
Never on par with EU or CK, though. Even Victoria is better.

Razgovory

I did play HOI 2 and it was alright.  I was a bit surprised when they brought back the ideas that didn't work in HOI 1 for HOI 3.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Razgovory on August 08, 2015, 05:18:32 PM
I was a bit surprised when they brought back the ideas that didn't work in HOI 1 for HOI 3.

Such as?
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Norgy

I believe we actually had some Languish MP games with HoI II. Sheilbh, Saladin, katmai and my own self at least.

I think even Hansmeister particpated after sternly telling off someone in the P'dox lobby for being a communist.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 08, 2015, 06:26:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 08, 2015, 05:18:32 PM
I was a bit surprised when they brought back the ideas that didn't work in HOI 1 for HOI 3.

Such as?

Diplomatic triangle.

Syt

Some more infos, based of a German site's video:
- dozens of alien races, all factions randomly generated (Paradox says from "7 phaenotypes"  - I guess race groups like Distant Worlds)
- you can found federations with elections for who runs the foreign policy (HRE mechanics in space?)
- fallen advanced empires who don't expand anymore, but defend their territory (only way to get certain techs)
—Stephen Jay Gould