Well, fuck it - I like Internet shaming people after all

Started by Martinus, July 28, 2015, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Norgy on July 29, 2015, 03:56:31 PM
Elk steak....  :uffda: :thumbsup: :w00t: :mmm:

Lean red, succulent meat.

The only elk I've had was roasted (sort of like a pot roast), and IIRC slow-roasting helps take away some of the gamey flavor.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

It was a big-ole bone-in elk ribeye.  Fantastic.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Norgy

Quote from: derspiess on July 29, 2015, 04:18:05 PM

The only elk I've had was roasted (sort of like a pot roast), and IIRC slow-roasting helps take away some of the gamey flavor.

The lesser cuts are good for roasts or stews, and yes, you are correct. The fillets, however, are better than most beef fillets. I envy Beeb his elk ribeye, as it is the best steak I have ever tasted.

Reindeer is usually too lean to have a good ribeye. But the fillets are among the finest cuts of meat you can have. Lean, tender and very full of taste. A half and half with wild trout and reindeer tenderloin or sirloin is my idea of a perfect meal.

(Yes, I did not get fat from just drinking)

PDH

Around here I can usually get elk and deer steaks each season, and those are good eating.  Moose is good as well.  All that grass from the bottom of ponds makes them tasty. 
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Norgy

crazy canuck

Quote from: Norgy on July 29, 2015, 05:45:02 PM
Like Obelix, I'd also like me some boar.  :ph34r:

MMM boar.  My butcher had some very nice wild boar bacon on offer a couple of weeks ago. 

derspiess

Place near my parents used to live served the best wild boar sausage.  I think it's the only wild boar sausage I had had, but for standard American type pork sausage it was the best I've tried.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

You get some pretty good wild boar sausage with pumpkin seeds in some supermarkets here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

One thing about sea bass is it has nothing to do with bass.  The name is a marketing gimmick to boost demand for what used to be kind of a trash fish.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 30, 2015, 08:57:43 AM
One thing about sea bass is it has nothing to do with bass.  The name is a marketing gimmick to boost demand for what used to be kind of a trash fish.

You think we should drop it?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

I wish the internet mob would concentrate on more important stuff, like people killing people for example.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 30, 2015, 10:05:38 AM
I wish the internet mob would concentrate on more important stuff, like people killing people for example.

People don't kill people, bows and arrows do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Nope, the entire fate of humanity depends on a tiger some people liked but most were unfamiliar with until he got shot.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on July 30, 2015, 10:07:55 AM

People don't kill people, bows and arrows do.

Usually it's the arrow.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?