HAY GUISE! - The Ed Anger Deathwatch Thread

Started by Ed Anger, July 21, 2015, 07:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Glad that it can be treated. :hug:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Monkeybutt, I am sorry to hear that your liver is fucking up, but glad to hear that yo can do something about it.

Why not write a song about it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHDdqubE7zQ
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Monoriu

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 27, 2015, 07:33:21 PM
Update:

Almost 100% chance of non alcoholic cirrhosis. Will be going on diaretics as my kidneys didn't shut down. Will be facing a lifetime of low salt foods and occasional draining of my abdomen. My be getting released in a few days to a rehab facility as I'm am currently weak as a dog.

The low-salt part sucks but you can use pepper and other spices.  Would be a problem eating out though.  But I'm glad that it is treatable. 

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Monoriu on July 27, 2015, 07:59:07 PM
The low-salt part sucks but you can use pepper and other spices.  Would be a problem eating out though.  But I'm glad that it is treatable. 

With some care.  Most of the big American spice brands, like McCormick, "spike" the spices with something like celery salt or garlic salt to make savory spices stronger and to increase their shelf life.  Best bet is to hope the supermarket has a good spice section where you can get "straight" spices.  Failing that, might be worth getting to know a local gourmet store, Ed; they're usually run by hippies and snobs, but at least you'd be able to get some spices that don't need you to play "guess the ingredients."  I deal with going into our local one by going in and playing "deflate the hippie." ;)

Good to hear you've got some prospects for managing it.  Sorry to hear that it is most likely cirrhosis, though, since I realize that makes pretty much any medication... problematic. :console:
Experience bij!

Lettow77

Congratulations on a treatable diagnosis! Relieved to hear it.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Valmy

Update:

Almost 100% chance of non alcoholic cirrhosis. Will be going on diaretics as my kidneys didn't shut down. Will be facing a lifetime of low salt foods and occasional draining of my abdomen. My be getting released in a few days to a rehab facility as I'm am currently weak as a dog.

So glad to hear it. Finding low salt foods these days can be a pain in the ass though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Update:

:cheers:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Glad to hear it, Ed. Salt is overrated!

:cheers:

derspiess

Xenia gets her favorite son back soon.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Update:

Well, at least it's better than the alternative.  :hug: :showoff:

The Larch

Happy to hear that MB! :hug:

Norgy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 21, 2015, 07:07:04 PM
FYI, I'm in my 2nd night of the hospital with possible Cirrhosis of the liver. They drained 5 liters of fluid today and more possible in the coming days. Gross,gross yellow fluid. Looked like beer. Or piss.

I feel like a busted water balloon.

I am updating my will. None of you get anything.

And you don't even drink.
Fuggit. Best wishes, mate. For all your quirks and your NSA-beating need for anonymity, you are one of the posters here I really love.
Get well! Now! Plz?

The Brain

Update:

Sweet!  :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Update:

Almost 100% chance of non alcoholic cirrhosis. Will be going on diaretics as my kidneys didn't shut down.

Glad you're gonna make it.  :)

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 27, 2015, 07:33:21 PMWill be facing a lifetime of low salt foods...

Eh, could be worse.

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 27, 2015, 07:33:21 PMMy be getting released in a few days to a rehab facility as I'm am currently weak as a dog.

Good luck and hit those weights brah.  :showoff: :hug:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

crazy canuck

Good to hear this is going to be manageable.  :cheers: