News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Canada Day!

Started by Syt, July 01, 2015, 03:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

:cheers:

Of the three Canucks in our office today only one is wearing red and a Canada t-shirt.

SHAMEFUL DISPLAY! :mad:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Monoriu

I can't imagine wearing t-shirts to work.

Syt

We can only do that on casual Fridays.

My old job, jeans and t-shirt was fine, since our finance department had almost no outside contact.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

To the Franco-Canucks: Happy Moving Day!

(As my Quebecoise colleague just reminded me when I called her out on not being dressed on her national holiday.)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Archy

Hugs from the other bicultural country  :hug:

viper37

Quote from: Syt on July 01, 2015, 04:53:34 AM
To the Franco-Canucks: Happy Moving Day!

(As my Quebecoise colleague just reminded me when I called her out on not being dressed on her national holiday.)
I'll have Friday off, it'll be a welcome day :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on July 01, 2015, 08:13:11 AM

Me to :) :hug:

Hoping to get lots of DAI in :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on July 01, 2015, 08:18:27 AM
Quote from: viper37 on July 01, 2015, 08:13:11 AM

Me to :) :hug:

Hoping to get lots of DAI in :P
well, I'm guessing your summers are longer than mine, so no video game if it's not raining and the temp is above 15C :D

Valmy

It is basically raining every weekend here. For the second consecutive weekend I had to cancel plans outside. I had a whole weekend alone with my two year old planned about a month ago that ended up being 'lets stay inside and watch Cars 20 times' after a truly amazing storm hung around the whole time.

But even if we do go out it is not like I cannot wake up at 3 am and play until dawn as I usually do on Saturday :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Monoriu

The idea of wearing a t-shirt to celebrate a national day is totally alien to me. 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on July 01, 2015, 08:57:28 AM
The idea of wearing a t-shirt to celebrate a national day is totally alien to me. 

How would you suggest national days be celebrated?

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on July 01, 2015, 08:58:45 AM

Make them public holidays.  That's good enough for me.

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on July 01, 2015, 09:02:04 AM

But wearing a piece of clothing of some sort crosses the line?

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on July 01, 2015, 09:04:13 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 01, 2015, 09:02:04 AM

But wearing a piece of clothing of some sort crosses the line?

That's what I keep telling people.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.