Started by CountDeMoney, November 19, 2014, 10:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Siege

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 23, 2014, 03:19:09 PM
Quote from: Siege on November 23, 2014, 12:01:57 PM
Why is this controversial?
Rape is when a man in a position of power gets a female to service him.
Not all rape involve direct physical violence.

If Clinton had been in the military, this thing with Monica Who? would have been definitively a rape and landed him in jail with a dishonorable discharge.

Meh, UCMJ actions are often pretty lax.  "Unprofessional relationship" charge at best, as Monica was a consensual relationship.  For an officer, maybe "conduct unbecoming".  If it even went that far.

Are you fucking kidding me?
In today's army you get kicked out by the SUSPICTION of sexual assault.
Ever heard of the SHARP program?
Sexual Harassment/Assault Response Program?

Believe me, this aint no fucking joke.
You can fuck you 20 years military carear by making a comment in front of females.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ideologue

So, does it have to be a sexual assault first, or does it become a sexual assault on the basis of the power relationship inherent in the military hierarchy?  Or does the UCMJ simply provide a rebuttable presumption of sexual assault regarding such a relationship?

Next time on JAG, I guess, we can all learn some more about a body of law that affects us in not the least way.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Siege on November 23, 2014, 05:45:59 PM

If Clinton had been in the military, this thing with Monica Who? would have been definitively a rape and landed him in jail with a dishonorable discharge.

Meh, UCMJ actions are often pretty lax.  "Unprofessional relationship" charge at best, as Monica was a consensual relationship.  For an officer, maybe "conduct unbecoming".  If it even went that far.

You can fuck you 20 years military carear by making a comment in front of females.

Sure, if you're enlisted.  Officers get cut a lot more slack.

Siege

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 23, 2014, 07:35:39 PM
Quote from: Siege on November 23, 2014, 05:45:59 PM

Sure, if you're enlisted.  Officers get cut a lot more slack.

Not anymore.
Believe me, this is 0bama's army.
Any little griviance and you are out, with no benefits.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

jimmy olsen

Overtime is back!

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/obama-raise-overtime-pay-nearly-5-million-workers-n384186

QuoteObama to Expand Overtime Pay to Nearly 5 Million Workers
by KRISTIN DONNELLY

President Obama will announce a sweeping change to the nation's overtime pay law, dramatically expanding the number of people who will qualify for increased pay after working more than 40 hours in a week.

The proposed rule, first reported by Politico, will raise the threshold for guaranteed overtime pay from a salary of $23,660 to $50,440. The long-awaited rule change aims to improve wages for nearly 5 million people as early as 2016.

Obama said in a Huffington Post piece that the change would be good for workers and for businesses that are already paying workers fairly and being undercut by companies that don't.

"That's how America should do business. In this country, a hard day's work deserves a fair day's pay," Obama wrote. "That's at the heart of what it means to be middle class in America."

Obama will formally announce the rule change on a trip to Wisconsin, a battleground state home to fierce labor battles and likely GOP presidential candidate Gov. Scott Walker.

advertisement

Administration officials are expected to begin releasing details about the plan on Tuesday.

The National Retail Federation has opposed proposed overtime changes, saying they would "add to employers' costs, undermine customer service, hinder productivity, generate more litigation opportunities for trial lawyers and ultimately harm job creation."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)