News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gay Marriage Upheld by USSC in Close Ruling

Started by Syt, June 26, 2015, 09:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Yeah she is going to be a hero and make alot of money off this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on September 01, 2015, 03:32:41 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 01, 2015, 03:28:36 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 01, 2015, 01:32:49 PM
Quote from: The Brain on September 01, 2015, 12:25:19 PM
Interracial gay marriage is still illegal, right?

No. You can marry garbon if you want.

Wrong species.

Stop projecting your own specist views. :angry:

I guess I am guilty of the microaggression of assuming you were human.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Something you have in common. Brain is always thinking of Katmai.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

This thread should come with a #trigger warning.  :rolleyes:

Anyway, from Dan Savage:

Quote"Kim Davis was sleeping with her third husband shortly after divorcing her first husband and somehow managed to talk her second husband into adopting the kids she had by the man who would become her third husband... and she's now on to her fourth husband? You need an Excel spread sheet to keep track."

Isn't it funny how people who cheat, divorce and remarry are never facing any sort of opprobrium from the likes of Mike Huckabee, as long as they are straight?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on September 01, 2015, 11:57:50 PM
Isn't it funny how people who cheat, divorce and remarry are never facing any sort of opprobrium from the likes of Mike Huckabee, as long as they are straight?

I doubt that's accurate.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 02, 2015, 12:01:58 AM

I doubt that's accurate.

Find me one instance of him calling for banning of divorce, or remarriage, or criminalising of adultery, the way he does with banning gay marriage.

For the record, the Gospels have Jesus condemning divorce, remarriage and adultery - but not homosexuality.

Razgovory

There is a bit of a difference between being critical of divorce and demanding it be banned.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

This thread should come with a #trigger warning.  :rolleyes:

True, gay marriage can be pretty traumatizing for some.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 02, 2015, 03:27:22 AM
There is a bit of a difference between being critical of divorce and demanding it be banned.

This difference seems to be lost on Huckabee when it comes to gay marriage, though.