700 people drop dead from the heat in Pakistan

Started by jimmy olsen, June 24, 2015, 12:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Liep on June 25, 2015, 09:07:59 AM
Quote from: viper37 on June 25, 2015, 08:40:30 AM
It's Ramadan, so that explains a lot, with most people not drinking and eating all day long.

Doesn't it have an exception for the sickly and infirm?
yes, but even healthy people can suffer from heatstroke if they don't drink enough.  And since there's an heatwave, many people probably think they can do it, but simply can't cope with the extraordinary factor.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 25, 2015, 10:27:14 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 25, 2015, 10:18:21 AM
Well, 14,000 of them, but like Marty said, third world problems.

I see your slur and raise you 9,000 similarly dead Germans -_-

Two things:  You might have noticed that 9,000 is less then 14,000.  Second, they are all still goddamn Euros.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 25, 2015, 11:13:35 AM
Two things:  You might have noticed that 9,000 is less then 14,000.  Second, they are all still goddamn Euros.

The temperatures were far higher over the normal ones for France than for Germany.

But concede the second point -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."