Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Current Ed Anger Mood:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

The Millennials love my son. We went to a different park today to play Pokemon GO and all the 20-somethings were out playing and David was running around eagerly telling them about all the Pokemon he had caught and asking them about their progress. By the time he decides he is tired of this game all of his friends will be college students.

Oh and all the 20-something ladies: 'Your son plays Pokemon GO? THAT IS SO CUTE! You are the coolest dad evah!' Damn finally do something that impresses them long after spending time with 20-something women appeals me to that much.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on July 22, 2016, 07:36:54 AM
The Millennials love my son. We went to a different park today to play Pokemon GO and all the 20-somethings were out playing and David was running around eagerly telling them about all the Pokemon he had caught and asking them about their progress. By the time he decides he is tired of this game all of his friends will be college students.

Oh and all the 20-something ladies: 'Your son plays Pokemon GO? THAT IS SO CUTE! You are the coolest dad evah!' Damn finally do something that impresses them long after spending time with 20-something women appeals me to that much.
if only you were a single dad in college :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on July 22, 2016, 08:20:41 AM

I should have used one of my cousin's kids :weep:

But unfortunately my generation didn't share too many hobbies with five year olds.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on July 22, 2016, 08:22:47 AM
Quote from: HVC on July 22, 2016, 08:20:41 AM

I should have used one of my cousin's kids :weep:

But unfortunately my generation didn't share too many hobbies with five year olds.
its ok with your own kid. Doing activities it with unrelated or distantly related kids as a man makes everyone think you're a pedo.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on July 22, 2016, 08:28:23 AM
its ok with your own kid. Doing activities it with unrelated or distantly related kids as a man makes everyone think you're a pedo.

First counsin once removed is not distantly related :angry:

But in any case my poke-adventure continues on Saturday. Gotta catch them all...for some reason.

I am somewhat amused by the fact that David can remember the names of hundreds of Pokemon and what they evolve into but he can not learn his damn letters to save his life.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on July 22, 2016, 08:31:00 AM

But in any case my poke-adventure continues on Saturday. Gotta catch them all...for some reason.

I am somewhat amused by the fact that David can remember the names of hundreds of Pokemon and what they evolve into but he can not learn his damn letters to save his life.

Maybe someone needs to make an "Alphabet Go" game where you wander around catching letters and then take them to a gym to fight.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Quote from: alfred russel on July 22, 2016, 08:48:56 AM

Maybe someone needs to make an "Alphabet Go" game where you wander around catching letters and then take them to a gym to fight.

Tim loses at that game.

Barrister

Tim knows his letters no problem, but trying to get him to try to read is major work.

I'm going to try and get him to read out the names of the Pokemon we capture.  I'm thinking that might give him enough incentive to practice reading.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Barrister on July 22, 2016, 09:51:16 AM

Tim knows his letters no problem, but trying to get him to try to read is major work.

Same as our Tim.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

DGuller

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 22, 2016, 10:02:24 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 22, 2016, 09:51:16 AM

Same as our Tim.
:lmfao:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Funny, federal employees don't dress that nice.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████