News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Well and the Donald Trump campaign. There's that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2016, 01:06:59 PM

It's the Democrats who want to put a woman in the White House. :secret:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on July 20, 2016, 01:39:52 PM

There usually is a woman in the white house. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on July 20, 2016, 01:44:15 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 20, 2016, 01:39:52 PM

There usually is a woman in the white house. :huh:

My bad. I thought the kitchen was in a wing.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on July 20, 2016, 12:40:06 PM
I refuse to say that misogyny (or racism - see the tweets that drove GB star Leslie Jones off the internet)

She seems to be a little racist herself, but who cares about that.

Quoteis thriving merely because of a handful of jackasses with a keyboard and a Twitter account.  The new movie appears to be doing very well at the box office after all.

It's a Ghostbusters movie so it's going to draw people out, at least initially.  Reviews have been pretty terrible, however.  Which is a waste, because the leading cast is generally pretty entertaining.  I'll wait for it to show up on Netflix.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Most of the reviews have been good :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2016, 03:15:09 PM
She seems to be a little racist herself, but who cares about that.

So if somebody is a little racist you can bombard them with racist shit? Well I guess CdM does do that to you...

QuoteIt's a Ghostbusters movie so it's going to draw people out, at least initially.  Reviews have been pretty terrible, however.  Which is a waste, because the leading cast is generally pretty entertaining.  I'll wait for it to show up on Netflix.

Huh. The reviews have been good so far. What reviews have been terrible?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

LaCroix

I think a lot of the attacks on leslie jones were a result of her feeding the trolls. she broadcasted quite a few of the tweets attacking her, which of course only makes it more entertaining for those who get off on that sort of thing and encourages further attacks. at least some of the tweets were probably driven by racism/misogyny, but I doubt most were

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on July 20, 2016, 03:29:56 PM
I think a lot of the attacks on leslie jones were a result of her feeding the trolls. she broadcasted quite a few of the tweets attacking her, which of course only makes it more entertaining for those who get off on that sort of thing and encourages further attacks. at least some of the tweets were probably driven by racism/misogyny, but I doubt most were

So they were driven by...what? Consuming oxygen? If she was not being attacked before she started feeding them then what exactly was the broadcasting of?

Do you go around making racist attacks on black people for non-racist reasons on a regular basis?  :lol:

LaCroix

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2016, 03:31:51 PMSo they were driven by...what? Consuming oxygen? If she was not being attacked before she started feeding them then what exactly was the broadcasting of?

Do you go around making racist attacks on black people for non-racist reasons on a regular basis?  :lol:

driven by personal entertainment

I didn't say she wasn't being attacked before she started feeding the trolls.

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on July 20, 2016, 03:38:23 PM

So being entertained by racism does not make one a racist? Ok then.

What does make one a racist? :hmm:

I have a real hard time giving internet LOLZ types the vast benefit of the doubt you do considering the very real destruction and harm they are doing to my country. They are scum. I have nothing but sympathy for people right or left harassed and driven off by these piece of shit. Again it is why I don't post anything on the internet that is not basically anonymous.

Ed Anger

I'm laughing my ass off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2016, 03:41:55 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on July 20, 2016, 03:38:23 PM

So being entertained by racism does not make one a racist? Ok then.

What does make one a racist? :hmm:

I have a real hard time giving internet LOLZ types the vast benefit of the doubt you do considering the very real destruction and harm they are doing to my country. They are scum. I have nothing but sympathy for people right or left harassed and driven off by these piece of shit. Again it is why I don't post anything on the internet that is not basically anonymous.

It may not be "driven" by racism but rather by "lolz". That doesn't make it any less racist. It's a distinction without a difference in this case.

LaCroix

Quote from: Jacob on July 20, 2016, 04:56:39 PMIt may not be "driven" by racism but rather by "lolz". That doesn't make it any less racist. It's a distinction without a difference in this case.

I think it makes a difference when the claim is that the frequency of these statements shows an increase in the number of racists.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 20, 2016, 04:24:47 PM
I'm laughing my ass off.

Yeah ok Mr. 'I am too scared of internet people to meet or even give them my name'