Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on July 18, 2016, 03:29:07 AM

I will avenge you father!

Well, in this case, "mother".  ;)

I opened up the nest, there were around 100 dead wasps inside, and another 100 wasp grubs ready to hatch - these things grow at a rapid pace. They get aggressive in proportion to their size.

My guess was that the nest went unnoticed when it was smaller, but as it got larger the radius that triggered a defensive reaction grew - that's why my wife got stung, standing on the sidewalk. Pretty soon anyone walking on the sidewalk (directly under the nest) would be stung, maybe swarmed.

A White-faced (or "Bald faced") Hornet swarm is something to see, or rather, something to avoid seeing first-hand.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_znYyh7t63E

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Can YouTube stop suggesting Coldplay! To heck with Coldplay!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

They keep trying to get me to watch news clips about Baton Rouge
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Reports coming in of someone on a German train attacking passengers with an axe  :(

Sheilbh

Quote from: Maladict on July 18, 2016, 03:58:49 PM
Reports coming in of someone on a German train attacking passengers with an axe  :(
Jesus :(

For some reason this reminds of the attack on a nursery school (2-4 years olds) by a lunatic with a machete just a few weeks after Dunblane. It feels again like horrors are concertina-ing.
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

Seems like he's been shot by police, 21 wounded.

Zanza

It's unclear what the situation is. There are definitely multiple persons with life-threatening injuries, but no deaths reported at the moment. Some sources say the police shot the perpetrator, others say that he is on the run.

We had another case in Bavaria two months ago or so where someone all of a sudden started to stab random people, killing one, in a train station before being arrested. Not sure what to do about psychos like that.

PDH

Quote from: Zanza on July 18, 2016, 04:15:18 PM
Not sure what to do about psychos like that.

Make sure they don't get guns, for one thing.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Downloaded Pokémon Go, now that it's available in Canada.

I'm a touch too old for Pokémon to be something I'm nostalgic for (came out when I was 21 and had no interest in GameBoy games), but my kids have watched the POkemon TV series.  Fired it up downtown after work walking back to the train station - sure enough tons of PokeStops and gyms there.

Got home and Timmy thought that was the coolest thing ever, and wanted to go outside immediately to catch Pokémon.  So that's nice - a video game that made the guys want to go outside.  What was not so great is only one phone and three boys (though Josh wasn't interested), so whenever one had the phone, the other whined incessantly about when it was his turn.

Not sure how long we'll play, but for one night it was fun.  Timmy had to race home and tell Mrs B all about the Pokémon we caught.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Yeah David and I have been going Pokemon hunting every afternoon. Definitely a great bonding experience.

Henry couldn't care less though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

My kids are utterly uninterested in Pokeshit. Nighttime torch rallies? Maybe.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2016, 11:07:53 PM

Yeah different side of the Axis. I am sure there are subliminal messages in there to bayonet Chinese babies.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 18, 2016, 11:11:13 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2016, 11:07:53 PM

Yeah different side of the Axis. I am sure there are subliminal messages in there to bayonet Chinese babies.

I've already installed in them the inferiority of non whites. We don't need any Jap shit.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Can't sleep, my kidneys are killing me and my Norcos are ineffective.  :mad: