And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 23, 2015, 09:08:54 AM
They expect this to happen in the near future? :unsure:

There are already reports of up to 40000 refugees not having a place to sleep in Sweden right now (either people who aren't processed yet or on the way to Norway/Finland. Swedes have guns, lots of guns, and those with guns (forest loonies) are very hostile towards refugees.

But no, they don't expect that. They do expect more refugees choosing Denmark instead because Sweden is seriously way over their limit in refugee intake.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on November 23, 2015, 08:47:24 AM
I am thoroughly confused about this and find it quite disconcerting that on one side you have law professors yelling POLICE STATE! and on the other you have right wing politicians calmly saying: you're wrong, it's not so bad, we've got this.

In Paris, some lefties (250-500 at most) had planned a pro-refugee demonstration for a long time but instead chose to turn it into an "anti-police state" demonstration. "State of Emergency = Police State!". Theoretically, demonstrations are forbidden during a State of Emergency. So much for Hollande's Police State.  :rolleyes:

http://www.lemonde.fr/attaques-a-paris/article/2015/11/22/a-paris-une-manifestation-pro-migrants-se-transforme-en-defile-anti-etat-d-urgence_4815195_4809495.html
French link from Le Monde, pro-demonstration  :lmfao: Reactions are quite the opposite

Liep

Normally I'd be quick to ignore your outburst against left wingers, but I feel I have to correct you as you seem to equate law professors with bleeding hearts here. Or maybe it's just another one of your punches on people who don't automatically accept your right wing views of the world, if that's the case then proceed as normal.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on November 23, 2015, 06:51:26 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on November 22, 2015, 08:25:31 AM
You do your duty as a civilized netizen, continue to fact check everything and correct them on their book of faces until they unfriend you.

I have a new favorite:

Heh. 

http://www.uelac.org/

;)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Everybody dusting off their guns to "fix" it strikes me as a great reason to become a refugee personally. The Canadians will put me and my family in a nice camp in the Yukon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on November 23, 2015, 10:56:47 AM
Everybody dusting off their guns to "fix" it strikes me as a great reason to become a refugee personally. The Canadians will put me and my family in a nice camp in the Yukon.

It's going to be fun when the country goes to crap for non-violent reasons and the guys still use guns to fix them. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on November 23, 2015, 10:56:47 AM

Beeb would envy you that.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on November 23, 2015, 06:51:26 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on November 22, 2015, 08:25:31 AM
You do your duty as a civilized netizen, continue to fact check everything and correct them on their book of faces until they unfriend you.

I have a new favorite:

Apparently, refugees are either cowards, or victims of excessive gun control. (Possibly both.)

If you want to have some fun with them ask them about all the American refugees Canada accepted during the Vietnam war/draft.  That should get a good reaction.  :lol:

edit: Doh, beaten to it.

Valmy

If the US goes into a war you don't agree with and drafts you, you need to get out your gun and start shooting people. That will fix it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 23, 2015, 11:41:39 AM
If you want to have some fun with them ask them about all the American refugees Canada accepted during the Vietnam war/draft.  That should get a good reaction.  :lol:

The reply will be along the lines of "they were cowards/no real Americans." Remember, these are ex-Army wives (though the closest their husbands got to combat duty was one of them spending half a year in Bosnia ... and he retired only a few years ago after 20+ years of service, but still managed to not go to Iraq/Afghanistan).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on November 23, 2015, 10:42:41 AM
Normally I'd be quick to ignore your outburst against left wingers, but I feel I have to correct you as you seem to equate law professors with bleeding hearts here. Or maybe it's just another one of your punches on people who don't automatically accept your right wing views of the world, if that's the case then proceed as normal.

Bad hair day or what? Two strawmen for the price of one i.e outbursts and alleged equivalence. I just showed the contrast with the French situation. The bleeding hearts here would not be satisfied with law professors telling them that a temporary State of Emergency is not a Police State. Leftists, with all their past support for Mao or Pol Pot, should actually know what a real Police state is.  :P
Besides, by giving numbers, I gave an idea of the real importance of the leftists. Can't help if you got hot under the collar...

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on November 23, 2015, 12:21:07 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 23, 2015, 11:41:39 AM

The reply will be along the lines of "they were cowards/no real Americans." Remember, these are ex-Army wives (though the closest their husbands got to combat duty was one of them spending half a year in Bosnia ... and he retired only a few years ago after 20+ years of service, but still managed to not go to Iraq/Afghanistan).

Then try to introduce them to the "No true Scotsman" fallacy...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on November 23, 2015, 01:01:14 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 23, 2015, 12:21:07 PM

Then try to introduce them to the "No true Scotsman" fallacy...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Only on Languish would anyone think that educating those posting silly glurge on facebook concerning informal fallacies would be at all likely to work.  :P

The Brain

Too many Pinkies in Sweden for civil war to break out.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.