News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

It is just one way the future has failed us, and modern, Western civilization has regressed.  In the past we had more space, free meals, HOTTer stewardesses, and the Muslim terrorists were content with just hijacking the plane.  What good have we gotten since?  At best, smoke-free cabins. 

Josquius

It sometimes costs more to go to the airport than fly.
Service has gone to hell but prices have also became much better

Quote from: Razgovory on July 11, 2015, 12:07:08 AM
Quote from: Tyr on July 10, 2015, 06:34:46 PM
17 extra per leg? You actually can just buy one legs worth?

With most low cost airlines I've encountered you can opt not to pick a seat and they give you a random one. Not possible there?

They also have rates if you are missing one or both arms.
It would make sense.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

I'm back in the States. USA USA USA
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

When they were young. Eleanor Roosevelt, Betty Ford, Nancy Reagan.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

Denmark has been excised from Europe?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

New York and Barcelona are in the same latitude (41), slightly shocking fact.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on July 12, 2015, 02:57:27 AM

:weep:

You have to wonder how that happened.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on July 12, 2015, 02:57:27 AM
:lol:

...but where did it go?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on July 12, 2015, 03:07:50 AM
New York and Barcelona are in the same latitude (41), slightly shocking fact.

And Hamburg is about as far North as Edmonton, Canada. And Vienna is slightly North of Seattle.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Of course you'd never know it from a Paradox map, because their world maps always align the Southern tips of South America and Africa with one another in order to make the map smaller.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on July 12, 2015, 03:22:41 AM
Of course you'd never know it from a Paradox map, because their world maps always align the Southern tips of South America and Africa with one another in order to make the map smaller.

At least north is up.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on July 12, 2015, 03:26:46 AM
Quote from: Syt on July 12, 2015, 03:22:41 AM

At least north is up.

You could argue that in Crusader Kings it should be down, because at the time many maps were printed that way so that you could more easily use the sun to navigate. :P

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Somewhat related to the map I posted the other day.

% of population in risk of falling into poverty, projected by 2020, as researched by a German institute. Map's in Spanish, but I'm sure you get the drill.

Takeaways:

1) Communism sucked.
2) The south sucks.
3) Wow, Ireland.
4) Belgium, the south of the north.

Iormlund

We can simplify those conclusions:

• Communism sucks.
  • Catholicism sucks.