News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: HVC on June 05, 2015, 08:37:10 AM
When carrion birds are diving at your car you might want to reconsider your hygiene practices lol
Nigga was just trying to cross the road and misjudged... he wasn't exactly 'diving at my car'.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

I frequently see a turkey vulture perched on the side of I-275 on my way home, just about a mile from my exit.  I named him Dave.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

I had to google what a turkey vulture was.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

New York Times just came out with a devastating expose on Marco Rubio.  Turns out that he had 4 traffic tickets over the last two decades, while his wife had 13.  Can we afford to have a president who can't even push his weight around to get his tickets taken care of?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on June 05, 2015, 11:23:36 AM
New York Times just came out with a devastating expose on Marco Rubio.  Turns out that he had 4 traffic tickets over the last two decades, while his wife had 13.  Can we afford to have a president who can't even push his weight around to get his tickets taken care of?

On the plus side, we're all better off paying for someone to drive his wife around.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2015, 11:07:29 AM
Locally people call them 'buzzards' here, but they're definitely vultures.  We also have black vultures, but turkey vultures are much bigger, unfortunately for me and my car.  They're the biggest birds of prey around, by far.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on June 05, 2015, 11:43:41 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2015, 11:07:29 AM
Locally people call them 'buzzards' here, but they're definitely vultures.  We also have black vultures, but turkey vultures are much bigger, unfortunately for me and my car.  They're the biggest birds of prey around, by far.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

G7/G8 based on actual share in global GDP (adjusted for PPP):

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Russia eh? Just based on their oil?

Speaking of which the USSR had less GDP than Mexico in 1980? Crazy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

:lol: at France and Italy.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on June 05, 2015, 12:34:05 PM

My boycott of French products worked!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on June 05, 2015, 12:34:05 PM

Not sure about Italy but joining the Euro kind of killed France if we are going to talk PPP.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2015, 12:48:51 PM
Not sure about Italy but joining the Euro kind of killed France if we are going to talk PPP.

Don't see the connection.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DGuller on June 05, 2015, 11:23:36 AM

Finally, a reason to respect the guy.   :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Eastern Montana is an interesting place. The next town is always 2+ hours drive away. Forget airports too. Also the next town is fairly likely to just be a name on the map without anything actually there.

Every single high school has a rodeo enclosure with a stable, but only a few of them have football/soccer fields. You can drive for three straight days without ever being in a place with a Wal-Mart.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers