News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

QuoteIt reminds me of the story of one of the concentration camps liberated by British troops. There was an appeal for people to send whatever they could to help clothe and feed the inmates. Someone, some genius, sent a box of lipstick. Apparently it was hugely popular with the female survivors and someone, I think a journalist or a soldier, said it was almost as if you could see the women starting to feel human again. 

This is pretty awesome.

Josquius

Au pairs are everywhere here.
Literally all the female friends I've made outside of work are au pairs.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Anyone ever written, called, or phoned a legislator?

I'm giving a thought to emailing my state rep about not being allowed to lend PTP, but I'm worried about getting spammed.

derspiess

Yes. Never got spammed.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2015, 10:01:40 AM

I'm giving a thought to emailing my state rep about not being allowed to lend PTP, but I'm worried about getting spammed.
Does twitter trolling count? :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 03, 2015, 10:34:26 AM
Does twitter trolling count? :mellow:

Depends.  Does a Twitter troll give them a way to put you on some sort of spam list?

derspiess

I think donating gets you on the spam list, not simply contacting them.  I still get the rare Democrat email from when I donated to Hillary's campaign in 2008.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on April 03, 2015, 01:27:40 PM
Thought I'd share.

That would be more of a Loki method - i.e. tell people they will spend the eternity in agony if they don't accept you as their saviour.

derspiess

I'm just a little offended that Spiderman isn't respectful enough to sit down like a normal person while Jesus is talking.

lustindarkness

All wrong, accent on así but not on savlé? Iron Man would be joking around. Thor would prove that he is the stronger god with his hammer spelled with little dots over the o. Hulk is calm and not angry, he would have turned back to Banner. And where is Spidey hanging from? And that glowing halo? What's that? An Arc reactor? Really?  :hmm:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

A Puerto Rican FB friend shared that, so...

lustindarkness

That explains the spelling.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2015, 10:01:40 AM

I did when I was younger. My mom's phone got the spam.

I had lunch with Mike Oxley once, actually. Now he's a lobbyist for FINRA.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sheilbh

Snowden's latest revelation is that Britain snoops on Argentina. He's really running out of material at this point :mellow:

Edit: Also, unrelatedly, this article is a joy:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/31/decline-bandq-lesbians-bad-news-diy?CMP=share_btn_tw
Let's bomb Russia!