Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

LaCroix

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 30, 2015, 08:28:42 PM
I had the bright idea of trying to become a lawyer. Interviews are actually mandatory for admission to some schools. It's horrible--it's like they only want students who have interpersonal skills and are able to think on their feet.  :yuk:

where have you applied? good luck with law school! it's a great education and career.* :)

*if you attend T14 or are top 10%

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on March 30, 2015, 08:22:35 PM
Interview for law school? :unsure:

Is the shock the law school requires an interview to get in, or that he apparently has not read any of your 19,000+ posts?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jaron

On that topic, I'm starting law school in Fall. Wish me luck!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

mongers

And so the capitulation of humanity draws closer.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grinning_Colossus

Good luck, Jaron!  :jaron:

Quote from: LaCroix on March 30, 2015, 09:27:19 PM
I had the bright idea of trying to become a lawyer. Interviews are actually mandatory for admission to some schools. It's horrible--it's like they only want students who have interpersonal skills and are able to think on their feet.  :yuk:

where have you applied? good luck with law school! it's a great education and career.* :)

*if you attend T14 or are top 10%

I applied to most of the T14, and I've had some success, though Chicago was the highest-ranked school that expressed interest.  :frusty:

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

LaCroix

i wouldn't worry about it then. i'm sure you did better than you thought. if your LSAT/grades are high enough for chicago, then you'll be fine wherever you end up. what are your safeties?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on March 30, 2015, 09:54:38 PM

Buena suerte, amigo.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix

congrats! brigham young is a great school for devout mormons. :)

Ideologue

I had the bright idea of trying to become a lawyer.

Traditionally I'd tell you what a dumb decision that is, but Chicago is almost good enough to not chastise you for it. :P

Anyway, they'll let you in.  I'd bet ten bucks it's a formality.  Chicago's 90% of Yale, but it's a business like everywhere else, if you've got the stats and the cash, they've got the seat.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

I know you didn't get into Chicago or better, plus you're too old even if you did.  What are you thinking?  Nothing, that's what.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

I hear good things about the correspondence program at the University of American Samoa.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: PDH on March 30, 2015, 08:54:40 PM
Jesus is my copilot...but now that fucker has locked himself in the cockpit.

:(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Quote from: Ideologue on March 30, 2015, 11:38:34 PM

I know you didn't get into Chicago or better, plus you're too old even if you did.  What are you thinking?  Nothing, that's what.

Wow, asshole comment, even for you.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.