News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on March 23, 2015, 12:47:29 PMBut yeah, we don't have that. For a while, Extra3 was pretty good, but I haven't watched it in ages.

Were those the ones who did the Varoufakis song?

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on March 23, 2015, 02:06:30 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 23, 2015, 01:56:25 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 23, 2015, 01:49:57 PM
Also, Chinese beer in Chinese restaurants here will almost invariably be Tsingtao, from the brewery the Germans founded. :P

German imperialism *is* a net positive, after all.  :D

First thing upon arrival. "You know what this place needs? Beer!"

Like San Miguel in the Philippines, although it took us longer to set it up.  :P

Eddie Teach

I think the fact Canadians prefer to drink cheap American beer over their cheap domestic alternatives signals that they should stop pretending to be a country and just join us already.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 23, 2015, 05:33:59 PM
I think the fact Canadians prefer to drink cheap American beer over their cheap domestic alternatives signals that they should stop pretending to be a country and just join us already.  :P

What, and end up drinking Bud Light?  :wacko:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

We have nothing quite as cheap or that may come as close to a common lowest denominator as American beer imports.   :(

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 23, 2015, 05:44:22 PM
We have nothing quite as cheap or that may come as close to a common lowest denominator as American beer imports.   :(

Hey, we can also send you some California champagne!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

So beer snobbery is now a Languish Thing?

Beer is beer. The difference between a lager and porter is colour. If you want to indulge in this snobbery, you are fecking cunts.

Caliga

Quote from: Norgy on March 23, 2015, 05:55:30 PM
Beer is beer. The difference between a lager and porter is colour.
:wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: Norgy on March 23, 2015, 05:55:30 PM
So beer snobbery is now a Languish Thing?

Beer is beer. The difference between a lager and porter is colour.

The one saving grace is that you spelled colour correctly.

11B4V

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 23, 2015, 12:00:37 PM
The USSC is hearing argument today on whether Texas' ban on Confederate flag car tags is OK.

Guess who CNN had on in his capacity as head of the Sons of Confederate Veterans?

Cooter.
I'm amazed that Texas has such a ban in the first place.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 23, 2015, 02:00:01 PM
I'm super surprised about South Korea.  Cass is a brand that didn't even exist when I lived there.  OB (another kraut brew) was 80% of the market.
Nationalism in action. I'm not a beer drinker, but from everything I hear Cass and Hite (which absolutely dominate the market) are Natty light level terrible.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 23, 2015, 06:43:27 PM
Nationalism in action. I'm not a beer drinker, but from everything I hear Cass and Hite (which absolutely dominate the market) are Natty light level terrible.

OB and Crown were Korean brands too, so I don't see what nationalism has to do with it.  When I was growing up it was essentially impossible to import anything.

Liep

Quote from: 11B4V on March 23, 2015, 06:30:59 PM
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar.

But race car backwards is rac ecar. Or did you English speakers suddenly start liking compounded nouns?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Malthus on March 23, 2015, 05:37:38 PM

What, and end up drinking Bud Light?  :wacko:

It's the most popular beer in Ireland.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers