News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

At my storage facility, visiting my stuff.
I miss my home.

MadImmortalMan

Today we met a man panning in the river. My wife asked him if he was looking for gold. He said no, this river yields a lot more platinum and silver. Huh.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

I ordered a new patio cover today.   :)  Once we get all the permits and shit they'll be able to put it up in about a weeks time, soooooo mid April?  Either way, 24x12 of awesomeness just in time for the summer.  :)

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 07, 2015, 04:00:41 PM
Today we met a man panning in the river. My wife asked him if he was looking for gold. He said no, this river yields a lot more platinum and silver. Huh.

I didn't know you could pan for platinum like that.  Interesting. 

Tonitrus

They're very stupid, but my recent guilty pleasure for a cheap laugh? Those "thug life" videos on youtube.  Especially the animal ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFX0JdLQ2M4

Syt

Fucking immigrants refusing to learn the language of their new country!  :mad:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I can't figure out how to open the awning on my balcony. Don't want to break it.... :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on March 07, 2015, 08:35:36 AM
Two colleagues of mine explained this week to me that while microwaving food is convenient, it's also very harmful to the food, because radiation. And one should wait at least a minute before opening a finished microwave to allow the worst radiation to dissipate.

Safety isn't a dirty word you know.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 08, 2015, 02:24:54 AM
They're very stupid, but my recent guilty pleasure for a cheap laugh? Those "thug life" videos on youtube.  Especially the animal ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFX0JdLQ2M4

:D

Zanza

QuoteIndonesian clothes company sorry for 'sexist' labels

An Indonesian sports wear manufacturer has apologised for printing washing instructions deemed sexist on the shirts of a top flight football club.

"Washing instructions: Give this shirt to a woman. It's her job," Salvo Sports printed on the shirts of Indonesian Super League team Pusamania Borneo.
[...]
The timing of the apology could not have been worse as it came on International Women's Day which celebrates women's achievements around the world.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on March 08, 2015, 03:23:40 AM

Well um...yeah.  That is what the American first movement was all about.

And the temperance movement used a lot of that as well.

And hey it worked, all the anti-German pressure and legislation eventually made everybody integrate.  So, lesson learned Euros?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on March 08, 2015, 01:22:41 PM

An Indonesian sports wear manufacturer has apologised for printing washing instructions deemed sexist on the shirts of a top flight football club.

"Washing instructions: Give this shirt to a woman. It's her job," Salvo Sports printed on the shirts of Indonesian Super League team Pusamania Borneo.
[...]
The timing of the apology could not have been worse as it came on International Women's Day which celebrates women's achievements around the world.

Was Ed Anger running it?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on March 07, 2015, 08:35:36 AM
Two colleagues of mine explained this week to me that while microwaving food is convenient, it's also very harmful to the food, because radiation. And one should wait at least a minute before opening a finished microwave to allow the worst radiation to dissipate.

How much do your retard colleagues make in a year?  Just curious.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Who isn't against progress?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on March 08, 2015, 02:03:37 PM
Quote from: Zanza on March 08, 2015, 01:22:41 PM

[...]

Was Ed Anger running it?

Maybe.

And it is her job.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on March 08, 2015, 03:23:40 AM

Jefferson City had a German news paper from 1866 to 1928.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017