News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

I would be fine with a 20-something female coming up to me and touching my hair.  :P

garbon

I'd be fine cutting said hypothetical 20-something.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 12, 2014, 05:52:59 PM
Probably just more hair.
I'm sure there has to be more than that. Nectarines maybe.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

I wish I had hair for strangers to sexually batter. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Have I mentioned it, no, well just in case I haven't, I'd like to pledge my undying love for Suzanne Vega. :wub:    :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Brazen

Anyone on Ello? Anyone want to be? I have: codes.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Jutland (and the Danish minority in North Germany) divided by dialect, each distinctive and utterly unintelligible.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

A weird thought I just had- could the minimum wage be tied into corporate profits :hmm:

Of course the corps would just find ways to cheat :(
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on October 13, 2014, 05:24:37 PM
A weird thought I just had- could the minimum wage be tied into corporate profits :hmm:

Sure.  You could tie it to the phase of the moon, global mean temperature, just about anything.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 13, 2014, 05:47:35 PM

Sure.  You could tie it to the phase of the moon, global mean temperature, just about anything.

While Yi's analogies are, of course, silly and flippant...the idea of tying wages to profits has a huge flaw when the company loses money.  As that logic would mean pay cuts, and potentially negative salaries if things get really bad.  :P

Tamas

What of course you should understand is that raising the minimum wage accross the board is hardly a solution to anything. It raises the costs of all business creating the products poor people buy (unless they move production out of the country, again hardly a benefit), plus raises the supply of money which again results in price raises.