News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Sweden's new Minister for Upper Secondary School and Adult Education Initiative. But never mind the quite narrow ministry:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Shouldn't somebody have to be an adult first to be responsible for adult education?  :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2014, 03:14:42 PM
Shouldn't somebody have to be an adult first to be responsible for adult education?  :hmm:

Soon you'll be noticing policemen look too young.  :grandad:     :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

:huh: Does Sweden also have a minister for lower secondary school?

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 03, 2014, 03:17:09 PM
:huh: Does Sweden also have a minister for lower secondary school?

England had a ministry for Sound, so I figure it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Sweden has ones for Lights and Action.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

What the hell? My building which is always slow to do heating each year - has now turned the heat on today. It is currently 68 outside but now 77 in my apartment. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 03, 2014, 03:26:11 PM
What the hell? My building which is always slow to do heating each year - has now turned the heat on today. It is currently 68 outside but now 77 in my apartment. :huh:
Heh, that's NYC for you.  Many people probably have windows wide open more frequently during the winter than during the summer.  I'm sure there is some idiotic law or regulation behind it.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 03, 2014, 03:31:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 03, 2014, 03:26:11 PM
Heh, that's NYC for you.  Many people probably have windows wide open more frequently during the winter than during the summer.  I'm sure there is some idiotic law or regulation behind it.

Oh I know the regulation as I was close to reporting my building last year (I was keeping journal of temps inside and out).

Don't think today or forecast temps tonight qualify.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

In my old building, I did have the windows open almost all of winter thing. Not so here - usually freezing at all times. Maybe others spanked them over last year with the long, cold winter.

Liep

12.7 degrees inside? That's goddamn cold.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on October 03, 2014, 03:43:25 PM
12.7 degrees inside? That's goddamn cold.

Indeed. Even worse when they don't keep to that. <_<

Also the reason why I invested in an electric heater last year. Would keep on till going to sleep then turn on immediately when waking. :D

Josquius

Why oh why do so many places insist on serving water in those teeny tiny whiskey glass sized glasses.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on October 03, 2014, 01:41:04 PM
It was in the above book, which is about making manufacturing more sustainable and less resource intensive. I think the phrase was in a sentence about how, all of us enjoy multiple foreign holidays and use lots of energy.

We do?  Awesome, I guess I'll be heading to France any day now. :lol:

Quote from: JosqWhy oh why do so many places insist on serving water in those teeny tiny whiskey glass sized glasses.

To shame you for being cheap.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Quote from: Ideologue on October 04, 2014, 09:09:06 AM
Quote from: JosqWhy oh why do so many places insist on serving water in those teeny tiny whiskey glass sized glasses.

:huh: :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on October 04, 2014, 09:09:06 AM

Maybe he's being healthy.  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?