News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Well, I could have had a ticket but cancelled at the last minute so it was not me.  :P
The Itzehoe JH closing really complicated things for me. Renting a tent is possible but needs to be done in advance, tickets becoming scarcer and scarcer and yes it has been too big and "commercial" for years now.

Syt

The Emperor concert was funny. Ihlsahn, their vocalist, looks like a hipster now, and the soft spoken way he announced the songs (they were doing a set list of older material) reminded me of an indie pop band, or a singer/song writer. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on August 04, 2014, 12:05:47 PM
The Emperor concert was funny. Ihlsahn, their vocalist, looks like a hipster now, and the soft spoken way he announced the songs (they were doing a set list of older material) reminded me of an indie pop band, or a singer/song writer. :lol:

:bleeding:  :yuk:

I saw your pic earlier and it's absolutely appalling.

Syt

Well, Amon Amarth and Devin Townsend made up for it. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

British trains- culture shock.
How can they be so crap yet so expensive....
And why do I have to sit opposite the beef head and his hobby gf?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on August 05, 2014, 04:26:55 AM

Translation?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on August 05, 2014, 04:38:11 AM
A photographic inventory of British soldiers' equipment from 13 wars from between 1066 and 2014:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-one/11006139/Inventories-of-war-soldiers-kit-from-1066-to-2014.html?frame=2994148

Weight must be the same thing across the ages, more stuff today but it is lighter & only 1 or 2 weapons since the adoption of rifles instead of the 8 swords soldiers carried at the Battle of Hastings.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on August 05, 2014, 04:38:11 AM
A photographic inventory of British soldiers' equipment from 13 wars from between 1066 and 2014:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-one/11006139/Inventories-of-war-soldiers-kit-from-1066-to-2014.html?frame=2994148
Shame how distinctive and colorful uniforms gave way to blah greenish.

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 05, 2014, 04:49:10 AM

Translation?

I guess he's just not that serious about her?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Was at the grocery store yesterday. You know, i could spend a whole day in there looking at MILFs in yoga pants.

Just saying.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on August 05, 2014, 12:27:17 PM
Was at the grocery store yesterday. You know, i could spend a whole day in there looking at MILFs in yoga pants.

Just saying.

Tip: when girls cycle in yoga pants certain areas of those pants become seethrough from stretching.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: Ideologue on August 05, 2014, 07:59:33 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 05, 2014, 04:49:10 AM

Translation?

I guess he's just not that serious about her?

I tried to say gobby. I'm unsure if it was autocorrect or fat thumbs which is to blame
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

My hobby gf is the Nagato. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.