The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2014, 12:11:53 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 02, 2014, 12:07:50 PM

Forensics deals with the application of scientific principals to criminal/legal issues.

Or even scientific principles, for that matter.

Those too.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on July 02, 2014, 03:51:16 PM
The cover of "Weird Al" Yankovic's new album:

I miss his glasses and Jewfro look.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on July 02, 2014, 03:51:16 PM
The cover of "Weird Al" Yankovic's new album:

I appreciate that it just kind of looks like a "Soviet" font, without using Cyrillic characters.

I also approve of mandatory fun backed by armored columns.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

I've got my first job app rejection letter of the year. :w00t:
Phone interviews... Ugh.... I hate talking on the phone
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Dear lord. I just saw the ad on youtube for the new Challenger SRT Hellcat. I blew a load and shit in my pants. Simultaneously.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Buyers will get two different key fobs. Dodge says the red one will "unlock the full 707 horsepower and torque potential of the Challenger SRT Hellcat engine; while the black key fob limits the driver to a reduced engine output of 500 horsepower."

700 hp?  :o
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Zanza

Makes sense when you have a 75 mph speed limit.

CountDeMoney

700hp?  That's just silly.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on July 03, 2014, 05:46:03 AM
Makes sense when you have a 75 mph speed limit.

Which more places should have. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2014, 09:23:40 AM
700hp?  That's just silly.

Indeed.  Actually, I'm liking the low-end torque on the Passat TDI I just bought more than the extra horsepower of my Acura.  Its more useful to be able to accelerate at lower speeds than at higher ones.

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 03, 2014, 02:01:13 AM
Buyers will get two different key fobs. Dodge says the red one will "unlock the full 707 horsepower and torque potential of the Challenger SRT Hellcat engine; while the black key fob limits the driver to a reduced engine output of 500 horsepower."

Engines are retarded powerful these days.  Even the V6s turn more hp than the V8s I used to drive, and with better mileage.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on July 03, 2014, 01:38:36 PM

Engines are retarded powerful these days.  Even the V6s turn more hp than the V8s I used to drive, and with better mileage.

Serious question: is there any reason, other than vanity, to have a V6 in an ordinary car these days? In the olden days, a 4 cylinder engine imposed serious limitations on stuff like accelerating to pass or get on the highway, but modern engines are so much better, I never notice a problem. I drive a reasonably big car - a Forester - with a 4 cylinder engine, seems to give plenty of power.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on July 03, 2014, 01:58:41 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 03, 2014, 01:38:36 PM

When you get a v6 we will know it is the Malthusian version of a midlife crisis.  :D

Serious question: is there any reason, other than vanity, to have a V6 in an ordinary car these days? In the olden days, a 4 cylinder engine imposed serious limitations on stuff like accelerating to pass or get on the highway, but modern engines are so much better, I never notice a problem. I drive a reasonably big car - a Forester - with a 4 cylinder engine, seems to give plenty of power.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius