News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Razgovory on July 01, 2014, 06:02:45 PM
I didn't know, but I looked up the year he was admitted.  1977.  I think they got his age wrong.  I thought he was born in 1905.  He died shortly after I was born in 1982 I think.

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2014-06-25.html

:(

My Great Grandfather was born in this country but I'm not sure about his father and I'm pretty sure his father was not.

Already posted in the World Cup thread. Ann Coulter is a great troll. She should be invited to Languish. :)

Brazen

Quote from: Tyr on June 30, 2014, 10:41:02 PM
I seriously wonder when my life will stop being in sync with school years.
When do years mentally begin and end for everyone? at the proper new year? Financial year?
I still judge friends as being older or younger depending on what school year they were in.

The Brain

Thailand's first space colony will cause so much confusion. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Yes.
The country is closed then?
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on July 02, 2014, 06:45:21 AM
Yes.
The country is closed then?
No been pondering my vacation and Taiwan is one of the options. I was thinking of going Aug 7-17th.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Someone in our UK office just tried to ask me if I could attend a meeting on Friday. I was like nope, that's our day to celebrate that we don't have to have anything to do with you. ^_^

In reality, I just said our office is closed. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Just found out that the recently appointed US ambassador to Spain is gay. The receptions with some of the diehard Catholics in our government must be fun.

Admiral Yi

Anyone know what the difference is between debate and forensics?

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2014, 10:30:47 AM
Anyone know what the difference is between debate and forensics?

Forensics deals with the application of scientific principals to criminal/legal issues.

Debate is, well, debate - a discussion of differing opinions.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on July 02, 2014, 12:07:50 PM

Forensics deals with the application of scientific principals to criminal/legal issues.

Or even scientific principles, for that matter.

Valmy

Scientific Principals might be called in as well if the crime took place in a school lab.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

So forensics is marginally useful, while debate is garbage.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

The cover of "Weird Al" Yankovic's new album:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.