News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: Tyr on May 14, 2014, 07:30:49 AM
lying on a cv- is is true that everyone does it to some extent?
I'm having thoughts....

Apparently so.

I'm terribly honest on my CV. During a coaching session it was pointed out to me that I should be more "imaginative". I replied that in my line of work that sort of thing is fairly obvious and ends up in missed deadlines (at best), so I'd rather be honest and maybe receive a call when another vacant better fits my profile than fail to commission a project because I don't have a clue about hydraulics, despite what my misleading CV might imply. They didn't get it.

Grey Fox

I'm having thoughts....

Omissions & enhanced.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

I loved discovering lies on resumes. Made the firings so much sweeter.

Tasty, tasty terminations.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

I'm having thoughts....

I've never lied on a CV. Sounds like someone a poor would do and, more to the point, retarded.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Plus, you'd interfere with flight operations.

The Brain

Ed Anger

That was comedy gold.

The Brain

Ed Anger

The Brain

I was always more evil than you.

Ed Anger

The Brain

I am laughing evilly right now.

sbr

Quote from: alfred russel on May 14, 2014, 08:57:37 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 13, 2014, 11:14:39 PM
Condo HOAs are notorious for running on for years and not doing all the maintenance they should. Then one day, oh shit we need to replace all the roofs, rate hike!

And the evil bastards have first lien for eternity too. Which makes it harder for condo owners to get the values to go up, since banks are less likely to loan to their buyers.

I have nothing against my HOA. They are in an ugly situation where longer term owners bought in with one level of service, but new owners are buying in at prices so that their dues are a good bit more than their mortgage. Also a lot of longer term owners are brutally underwater and when they move have to walk away, which isn't good for dues collection. Also, the builder seems to have done a really shitty job and the units have lots of issues.

In other news, I'm convinced the $1200 price was fair now. It took two guys over 4.5 hours to install. They said there were lots of issues before they started and I was skeptical, but they were working hard too. I suspect it would have taken me a month.

Natural gas water heater right?

The Larch

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2014/05/language_map_what_s_the_most_popular_language_in_your_state.html

A few more maps in the link, including the amazingly Spellustastic "Most commonly spoken Indo-Aryan language".

The Brain

I never played SS Amerika.