And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: Tamas on January 13, 2014, 12:31:02 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 13, 2014, 12:18:25 PM
There is one gas station around here with free air, all the rest charge. But I have a compressor, so it matters not.

Are they monitoring pedestrians walking past the station, to make sure they pay or hold their breath?

They should, they are losing money because they don't.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Got a link to your source, Spicy?

Malthus

Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2014, 12:13:28 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 13, 2014, 12:09:20 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2014, 11:58:40 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2014, 11:56:33 AM
Ecotopian hellhole.

http://www.freeairpump.com/map/

Why I have my own compressor. ;)

As I thought, not many in Cincy.  I'd buy a compressor if I found an additional use for it.

Yea, browse over to the Olympia, Wa area and you'll see what i mean.  :D

Doesn't it cost like 50 cents?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

11B4V

Quote from: Malthus on January 13, 2014, 01:52:33 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2014, 12:13:28 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 13, 2014, 12:09:20 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2014, 11:58:40 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2014, 11:56:33 AM
Ecotopian hellhole.

http://www.freeairpump.com/map/

Why I have my own compressor. ;)

As I thought, not many in Cincy.  I'd buy a compressor if I found an additional use for it.

Yea, browse over to the Olympia, Wa area and you'll see what i mean.  :D

Doesn't it cost like 50 cents?

.75- 1.00
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on January 13, 2014, 12:12:55 PM
One thing I'll admit to is letting the auto parts store do the windshield wiper installation.  For some reason that always trips me up if I try to do it myself  :Embarrass:
:huh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: katmai on January 13, 2014, 01:59:24 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 13, 2014, 12:12:55 PM
One thing I'll admit to is letting the auto parts store do the windshield wiper installation.  For some reason that always trips me up if I try to do it myself  :Embarrass:
:huh:
It can be pretty tricky if you buy generic blades, because you may need to figure out how to make the locking mechanism compatible with your car's windshield arms.

katmai

Never had a problem and need to switch them out each summer as the winters here beat the crap out of wipers.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

It's easier on some cars than others.  I can easily do it on Princesca's 4Runner, but my Accord has these weird blade guard things that are a giant pain in the ass to get off and then back on with the blades in.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 13, 2014, 12:42:58 PM

See I guess I usually see signs like this exposing rape or something really serious.  Small annoyances because you look a certain way seem to just make you look whiny or mock this art form.  'He presumed I couldn't play basketball because I was under 5 feet'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Valmy, can you read this?

A B C
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Anyway, in fairness to the young lady, I'm assuming there was some overt malice behind it that doesn't come through in the story; and not just someone asking a question that doesn't even necessarily involve stereotyping.

She should also probably point out whether she's not an immigrant, or the child of immigrants, because then it actually sort of becomes a fair question.  Korea could recognize Hangul; a Korean woman I work with can read Korean fluently, precisely because she was born in Korea and her parents are Korean.

Although I grant her bonus outrage points if she's not even ethnically Japanese. :D  I remove them if she could actually read it, since she could it seems at least recognize it as Japanese.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

I just assumed these pics were jokes. They is for real?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

I can read ä ö ü and ß.