News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

My back hurts, I think I should go home early.

I'm sure sitting on the couch playing PS3 and drinking Captain Morgan straight should help with the back pain.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Wells Fargo :bleeding:

Never have I been on a conference call with so many people who have so little idea what they're talking about.  They make Bank of America look GREAT by comparison, which is saying a lot. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

After a bit of back & forth, it looks like Cincinnati will be getting a streetcar after all.  It was a borderline silly idea at first, but with the sunk cost plus additional work and cost to cancel the project, they might as well finish it now. 

Should be a fun toy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 19, 2013, 09:56:06 AM

You shouldn't post pictures of your own twins online, that's dangerous.  :P

Ed Anger

Both of them would be flipping off the camera.

I have a good twins flipping somebody off story.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Ugh. Wallet nicked. Can't get replacement cards before Christmas :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Brazen on December 18, 2013, 09:26:16 AM
After Nelson Mandela's death being announced during the première of Long Walk To Freedom and Ronnie Biggs dying the day the BBC is scheduled to broadcast its new Great Train Robbery drama, I'm officially putting my autobiographical production on hold.
Any word on Lord Lucan?
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Why does Keanu Reeves now get to pass as Japanese?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 19, 2013, 07:15:34 PM
Ugh. Wallet nicked. Can't get replacement cards before Christmas :bleeding:
That's awful :( :console:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on December 19, 2013, 07:39:23 PM
Why does Keanu Reeves now get to pass as Japanese?
Apperently his dad is a mix of Native Hawiian, Chinese and various others. Guess the studio thought that was good enough. I wish we were actually getting a movie about the actual 47 Ronin though instead of whatever bullshit they're trying to sell.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

While I agree that would be better, I am also interested in the project as it stands.  I'm: withholding judgment.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Fun with recoilless rifles:  http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/05/ancient-us-weapon-in-syria/

Some neat videos in there, including an Ontos in action.

derspiess

Looks like the video got pulled.  I love me some Ontos, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Yeah, the rebel video is gone, but the others are worth it.

Admiral Yi

Just ordered my dad a Bears wind breaker.  2 days shipping.  God bless the internet and those earth tone warriors at UPS.