And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2013, 11:12:22 AM

Your fickle womanness and disloyalty are matters of ancient record, yes. :(

Good to know that my record of voting for the person and not the party or gender is noted. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on October 02, 2013, 11:06:32 AM
Personally, I would vote for her in a heartbeat if she ran for President... so long as Warren isn't her running mate.

What's your beef with Warren?

derspiess

Yeah, you got something against Indians, Meri??   :mad:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2013, 11:21:19 AM
Personally, I would vote for her in a heartbeat if she ran for President... so long as Warren isn't her running mate.

She's too extreme for my taste. Especially when it comes to taxation. I agree that we need to tax more, but not as much as she'd have us doing. On top of that, I'm a big proponent of dropping unnecessary programs in the US government, something she doesn't see as a priority, it seems.

garbon

Iran's president said everyone has a right to use social networks. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2013, 11:46:26 AM
Iran's president said everyone has a right to use social networks. :hmm:

garbon

Who cares what white folk preferred to be called?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on October 02, 2013, 11:49:23 AM

I'm inclined to agree.

Even if the prez is cool with political discourse, the old dude is bound to pull the plug and toss everyone in the clink.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Quote from: merithyn on October 02, 2013, 11:37:09 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2013, 11:21:19 AM

She's too extreme for my taste. Especially when it comes to taxation. I agree that we need to tax more, but not as much as she'd have us doing. On top of that, I'm a big proponent of dropping unnecessary programs in the US government, something she doesn't see as a priority, it seems.

Which US gov't programs are unnecessary?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

merithyn

Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2013, 12:00:33 PM

How the hell would I know? I'm not the President, nor a member of Congress. That's not my job; that's why we pay them.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2013, 11:52:05 AM
Who cares what white folk preferred to be called?

People filled with goodness and light.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on October 02, 2013, 12:05:43 PM

How the hell would I know? I'm not the President, nor a member of Congress. That's not my job; that's why we pay them.

I will give their answer to you on their behalf: whichever ones are necessary to get me re-elected.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on October 02, 2013, 12:05:43 PM

:huh:

How is that something you can take Warren to task over then? How do you even know there are unnecessary programs if you've no examples of any?