News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 16, 2013, 10:20:36 PM
Bored at the hotel, and stumbled across one of those hunting shows on the Outdoor channel...

It had some hot chick all done up in realtree camo, having just blown away a deer with a high powered rifle...

I am not against hunting in the slightest...but when you're cooing over how beautiful the deer is, and what a wonderful an animal it is, all the while caressing it's dead carcass like a kitten...makes me think a lot of the hunting "culture" is pretty fucked up.

Go watch 'shake that bear'. NSFW.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Bored at the hotel, and stumbled across one of those hunting shows on the Outdoor channel...

It had some hot chick all done up in realtree camo, having just blown away a deer with a high powered rifle...

I am not against hunting in the slightest...but when you're cooing over how beautiful the deer is, and what a wonderful an animal it is, all the while caressing it's dead carcass like a kitten...makes me think a lot of the hunting "culture" is pretty fucked up.
Some of us can't catch a live deer, we're not all agile like The Brain.

Josquius

Apparently tooth paste cures blisters. I already knew it got rid of acne. Toothpaste seems to be able to cure any lump. I need to prepare a research proposal to hold a clinical trial with cancer patients.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on August 17, 2013, 03:29:44 PM

Some of us can't catch a live deer, we're not all agile like The Brain.

That's right. It's all down to project management.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

We were at a local pub having lunch and there was a poster on the door that tonight they are hosting a meetup for theChive. My imagination pictured the place full of girls taking selfies and dudes hanging around the wall staring at them.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Smells like a skunk right outside the bedroom windows. That godawful burning rubber smell.  :yuk:

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 16, 2013, 07:30:33 AM
Just found out the K in GK Chesterton stands for Keith. Which I find very funny.

Explains why he went by G. K.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 17, 2013, 08:57:46 PM
Smells like a skunk right outside the bedroom windows. That godawful burning rubber smell.  :yuk:

Ugh. ABANDON SHIP. ABANDON SHIP.

Ed Anger

The skunk stench still wafts over my yard. Operation Pepe Le Pew is ON.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Capetan Mihali

I dreamt Hitler appointed me to some kind of blue ribbon committee in Nazi Germany, early in the war.  I was still half Jewish in the dream, so it was a little weird, but I guess nobody knew.   I was giving a sieg heil when I realized I had a lit cigarette in my saluting hand that Hitler was looking at with displeasure.  He was polite about it though, once I put it out while apologizing profusely.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Admiral Yi

Does anyone know anything about, or have a link to a source on The Freedom Budget?

Just read a review in the NYT about a book about the anniversary of The March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.  The point I picked up is that although we tend to interpret the march as support for JFK's proposed civil rights legislation, it was really more about jobs and social justice, as articulated in The Freedom Budget written by A. Phillip Randolph, the president of the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters.

Only problem is the review didn't tell me anything about the Freedom Budget (other than the fact that senators sympathetic to civil rights found it "utterly unrealistic") and Wiki appears not to have an article on it.

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on August 18, 2013, 01:59:32 PM
I dreamt Hitler appointed me to some kind of blue ribbon committee in Nazi Germany, early in the war.  I was still half Jewish in the dream, so it was a little weird, but I guess nobody knew.   I was giving a sieg heil when I realized I had a lit cigarette in my saluting hand that Hitler was looking at with displeasure.  He was polite about it though, once I put it out while apologizing profusely.

He was a very forgiving man. :yes: