Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I suddenly want a motorcycle helmet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 01, 2013, 02:10:09 PM

You've been reading up on the Castro trial?

Jacob

garbon

Doesn't seem like such would be a sensible business strategy. If the average woman is larger, seems like going after a tiny (tee-hee) piece of the market isn't a winning strategy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

"There is more of you to clothe.  :)"

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on August 01, 2013, 04:08:20 PM
Doesn't seem like such would be a sensible business strategy. If the average woman is larger, seems like going after a tiny (tee-hee) piece of the market isn't a winning strategy.

Not every winning strategy has to target the broadest mass market, I don't think.

I'm also not sure that not carrying plus sizes counts as discrimination.

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on August 01, 2013, 04:15:52 PM
Not every winning strategy has to target the broadest mass market, I don't think.
:pinch:

Ideologue

I have no opinion on the matter. :zipped:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on August 01, 2013, 04:02:03 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 01, 2013, 02:10:09 PM

You've been reading up on the Castro trial?

Yes. I have most of the equipment already.

MadImmortalMan

My wife can only shop at very few stores because most of them only carry fat clothes. There IS an under-served market there. Other women her size often resort to shopping in the girls section, but it's hard to look professional in that circus clown stuff and she's got an adult job. She wears a lot of Ann Taylor I think.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

I tried to get my wife to work in her birthday suit.

Admiral Yi

Fabulous Fab, the French Goldman employee who told investors in the Abacus CDO that Paulson was going long on it, has been found guilty of 6 of 7 counts in a civil case brought by the SEC.

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 01, 2013, 05:37:48 PM

My wife can only shop at very few stores because most of them only carry fat clothes. There IS an under-served market there. Other women her size often resort to shopping in the girls section, but it's hard to look professional in that circus clown stuff and she's got an adult job. She wears a lot of Ann Taylor I think.

No one likes a braggart. :angry:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 01, 2013, 05:55:07 PM
Fabulous Fab, the French Goldman employee who told investors in the Abacus CDO that Paulson was going long on it, has been found guilty of 6 of 7 counts in a civil case brought by the SEC.

QuoteWe will continue to vigorously seek to hold accountable, and bring to trial when necessary, those who commit fraud on Wall Street."

Mr. Tourre, a 34-year-old Frenchman who is enrolled in a doctoral economics program at the University of Chicago, now faces a fine, or worse, a ban from the Wall Street.

Judge Katherine B. Forrest has the final say on monetary sanctions, be it disgorgement of profits made from the trade in question or a fine. The fine could range from $5,000 to $130,000 per violation.

LOLZ, I'm sure he's quaking in his chaussures over it.

Ed Anger