News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Kinda sorta like peanuts but it changes the texture, not crunchy like roasted ones. Its been years since i tried them, so having a hard time describing it.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2013, 10:56:46 AM
I kinda want to try boiled peanuts now. What do they taste like?

They taste like softer chickpeas to me.

lustindarkness

Quote from: ulmont on July 18, 2013, 11:16:54 AM

Thats a good way to describe them.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DGuller

Think your school lunches were terrible?  They weren't as terrible as these ones:  http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/18/world/asia/india-school-meal-poisoning/.

MadImmortalMan

Sometimes I wish I'd had the balls to go live in some place like Japan when I was younger. When I was 19, the other side of the world was Texas, and Nevada was a completely different planet.  :P

I thought going to Houston was a severe jolt.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on July 18, 2013, 11:16:54 AM

Ugh.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Matt Sandusky files motion to have name changed
By Zaina Adamu, CNN
updated 9:18 AM EDT, Thu July 18, 2013

(CNN) -- Matt Sandusky, his wife and four children have filed a motion to have their names legally changed, court documents in Centre County, Pennsylvania, show.

Details regarding why they requested the name changes are not available because the file is sealed.

Sandusky is one of six adopted children of Jerry Sandusky, who was convicted in 2012 of sexually abusing 10 boys in a 15-year period. He is currently serving more than 30 years in prison.

Matt Sandusky originally denied being abused by his adopted father, but during jury deliberations, he admitted to his attorney that he, too, was a victim of the disgraced former Penn State assistant coach's abuse.

In a 2012 interview with police, Sandusky said his family was the reason he revealed his stepfather was abusing him.

"They can really have closure and see what the truth actually is," he said.

Matt Sandusky's birth mother lost a case against Jerry Sandusky to gain legal custody of her son when he was a child.
I'd love to see those sealed files because I can't imagine why he'd want to change his name  :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

It's probably worth trying them once, but I don't like them at all.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Wouldn't it hurt horribly to boil your peanuts?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 18, 2013, 11:25:48 AM
Sometimes I wish I'd had the balls to go live in some place like Japan when I was younger. When I was 19, the other side of the world was Texas, and Nevada was a completely different planet.  :P

I thought going to Houston was a severe jolt.

Indeed, which is why I don't get some Languishites ragging on these younger members of the tribe like Lettow and Tyr, as at least they're doing what part of youth is about ie getting out there, travelling ,trying out new places. :cool:

Well done to you guys, don't listen to the naysayers and don't take knock-back or disappointments to seriously.
By all means evaluate the experience and decide what could be done better next time, but please do continue to experiment.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on July 18, 2013, 11:58:00 AM

Indeed, which is why I don't get some Languishites ragging on these younger members of the tribe like Lettow and Tyr, as at least they're doing what part of youth is about ie getting out there, travelling ,trying out new places. :cool:

Well done to you guys, don't listen to the naysayers and don't take knock-back or disappointments to seriously.
By all means evaluate the experience and decide what could be done better next time, but please do continue to experiment.

Well said. :cheers:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: mongers on July 18, 2013, 11:58:00 AM

If I'm being one of the naysayers it is only because Lettow clearly seems to be unhappy (though for no clear reason he says he'll be happy back in Japan) and is even talking again regarding what would (will) happen if he starts posting about his own suicide.

Not sure why I'd encourage him to keep doing what he's doing. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Hey if he wants to be in Japan, I don't see any reason why he can't make living a stable life there work for him. Everything is kinda in the air right now, but that's to be expected during times of transition. I don't see a problem really, other than the anxiety that goes along with it, but that's also natural.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 18, 2013, 12:26:35 PM
Hey if he wants to be in Japan, I don't see any reason why he can't make living a stable life there work for him. Everything is kinda in the air right now, but that's to be expected during times of transition. I don't see a problem really, other than the anxiety that goes along with it, but that's also natural.

I'd say because he appears (from his own words) to have a hard enough connecting to people with whom he shares the same culture. I don't know why he should make it more difficult on himself when he is already struggling.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2013, 12:29:31 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 18, 2013, 12:26:35 PM

I'd say because he appears (from his own words) to have a hard enough connecting to people with whom he shares the same culture. I don't know why he should make it more difficult on himself when he is already struggling.

In a mad world only the lunatic is truly insane.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.