News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 12, 2013, 08:56:59 AM
I was literally proselytized to about Firefox back in 2004, and made that change a few years later, so far so good.

I used to use firefox until I started experiencing more slowdown. Now I use Chrome.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 12, 2013, 08:56:59 AM
I was literally proselytized to about Firefox back in 2004, and made that change a few years later, so far so good.

Firefox plays murder on some online application software, though;  any job I look at whose website is powered by Taleo, I have to use IE.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on July 12, 2013, 09:01:50 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 12, 2013, 08:42:36 AM
Awesome thing about Chrome is that my favorites are always the same between my main PC at home, work, laptop, phone, etc.
:hmm: That's not always a good thing. :unsure:

Not sure what you're getting at.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: derspiess on July 12, 2013, 09:28:24 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 12, 2013, 09:01:50 AM
Awesome thing about Chrome is that my favorites are always the same between my main PC at home, work, laptop, phone, etc.
:hmm: That's not always a good thing. :unsure:

Not sure what you're getting at.

:secret: (pronorgahpy)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

<pulls out dictionary>

Oh, yes.  I've heard of that.  Why would I keep that bookmarked?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 11, 2013, 08:32:20 AM
:huh:

That was the entire context of my joke.  It was about all the Hitler stuff we hear about, anecdotally, coming from places like Pakistan and Mongolia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 12, 2013, 09:55:24 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 11, 2013, 08:32:20 AM
:huh:

That was the entire context of my joke.  It was about all the Hitler stuff we hear about, anecdotally, coming from places like Pakistan and Mongolia.

I still don't get the joke, but okay :D

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 12, 2013, 09:59:48 AM
I still don't get the joke, but okay :D

It had long sense ran its course by the time Tim ran in to point out the Japanese are not anti-semites :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on July 12, 2013, 09:48:12 AM
<pulls out dictionary>

Oh, yes.  I've heard of that.  Why would I keep that bookmarked?
Do you really remember web addresses of 20 different sites? :yeahright:

Neil

Quote from: garbon on July 12, 2013, 08:37:38 AM
Glad to see people getting smarter. :thumbsup:
Yeah.  Hooray for computer viruses. :mellow:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

KRonn

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 10, 2013, 10:39:01 PM
Mexico passes US in the obesity rankings.

Must be all the Mexicans coming to the US, adopting US eating styles, packing on the pounds before they head home to Mexico.   ;)

Grey Fox

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 12, 2013, 08:55:01 AM
Quote from: PDH on July 12, 2013, 08:49:42 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on July 12, 2013, 08:44:52 AM

My android phone tells me that, but the second webpage I ever tried with chrome came up all screwy. No thank you.

Languish always looks that way

It was languish. LOL

We're going to need a mobile update pretty soon WAP2 isn't cutting it anymore.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: KRonn on July 12, 2013, 12:37:29 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 10, 2013, 10:39:01 PM
Mexico passes US in the obesity rankings.

Must be all the Mexicans coming to the US, adopting US eating styles, packing on the pounds before they head home to Mexico.   ;)

It's soda (pop); they guzzle it even more than us Murricans and don't go for diet.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Phillip V

Company spent a crapload of money and man-hours training me and sending me to expensive classes on commercial software since I started this new IT auditing position two months ago. No contract/obligation required.

In return, I called them today and demanded a big pay raise. They had to accept. :lmfao:

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on July 11, 2013, 09:32:02 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 11, 2013, 09:29:45 AM
Sadly?

Meri just likes ragging on her neighbors, who are not the highly evolved ball of light that she is :P

She's being silly.  When someone refers to someone, ethnically speaking, as "European," they don't usually mean a Maltese, or Sami, let alone a Turk that lives in Thrace.

Indians are white people.  Maybe Meri's trying to keep the bloodline pure. :ph34r:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)