News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2013, 01:18:56 PM
BREAKING:  Texas Gov. Rick Perry won't seek re-election.

:(

I was just about to post this!!!111

:yeah:

THANK HOD AND THE VIRGIN GARY!!!

Now hopefully we will get a less corrupt and more competent right wing nutcase to lord over us.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Man Hitler is really popular in Asia.  I can only conclude more than a few Asians hate Russians and/or Jews.  Come to think of it that is a pretty big constituency.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on July 08, 2013, 01:16:12 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2013, 07:08:32 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2013, 07:06:14 AM
Awww, how cute;  Paradox Forums thinks it's people.

I have to say after spending years in our semi-controlled anarchy, I'm not sure why anyone would want to be on p'dox ot.
To discuss German or EU politics for example. Much bigger audience for that than here. So if they ban that, it's much less interesting for me.

It's quite disturbing how mental they get at the mere mention of the Pirate Party, even in the context of German elections. They even banned a guy over it, apparently.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2013, 01:38:54 PM
Man Hitler is really popular in Asia.  I can only conclude more than a few Asians hate Russians and/or Jews.  Come to think of it that is a pretty big constituency.

More seriously, I suspect they just think he's an important and iconic figure, and are unaware of or indifferent to the horror with which he's viewed in other parts of the world.

It's like some kids wearing a Mao or Che Guevera shirt. They often have no idea who these folks actually were.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on July 08, 2013, 01:50:27 PM
It's like some kids wearing a Mao or Che Guevera shirt. They often have no idea who these folks actually were.

Yep, in cases like that there is always a girl involved.

sbr

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 08, 2013, 11:54:45 AM
http://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/u/boozemap.pdf

Gotta support the locals. Unless you happen to live in Missouri, Colorado or Wisconsin.

I can't aruge with Widmer.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: sbr on July 08, 2013, 02:12:56 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 08, 2013, 11:54:45 AM
http://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/u/boozemap.pdf

Gotta support the locals. Unless you happen to live in Missouri, Colorado or Wisconsin.

I can't aruge with Widmer.

I like Deschutes better, but yeah Widmer is more iconic I think.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Zanza

Quote from: The Larch on July 08, 2013, 01:46:06 PM
It's quite disturbing how mental they get at the mere mention of the Pirate Party, even in the context of German elections. They even banned a guy over it, apparently.
Yes, really ridiculous. The Pirate Party is a legal democratic party in both Sweden and Germany. I don't understand how it is not allowed to discuss them. It's not like copyright is their only policy issue. They have some interesting, unconventional policy suggestions for other areas as well, e.g. grassroots democracy etc.

EDIT: And they banned a teenager that had bought like fifteen of their products already over some comment on how he wants them to get into parliament. Really? That's customer service at its very worst.

FunkMonk

Time to shoot all my guns in the air.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 08, 2013, 03:09:24 PM
Time to shoot all my guns in the air.  :)

I fire my celebratory shots inside.  For safety, you see.  :smarty:

Josephus

More seriously, I suspect they just think he's an important and iconic figure, and are unaware of or indifferent to the horror with which he's viewed in other parts of the world.

edit: Nah, on second thoughts I'll delete what I said.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on July 08, 2013, 04:45:40 PM

edit: Nah, on second thoughts I'll delete what I said.

I just mentioned Che because he's an iconic figure commonly found on t-shirts, not because I think he's comparable to Hitler. Very few using his image as a pop icon could say exactly who he was or what he'd done.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2013, 11:11:01 AM
Asian do sure smoke a lot.

I guess it's good that mongolia can find something to be nationalistic about.
They have Ghengis Khan! What more do they need!?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Maybe Russians.

Don't think so about Jews. I know the Japanese in particular admire the Jewish stereotype that western anti-semites hate, they wish they could control world finances from the shadows just like them!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point