News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: merithyn on July 05, 2013, 01:54:27 PM
My response would have been something like, "Oh dear! Is that how much my boyfriend put in that envelope?? I'm so sorry. I told him to only put $25 in since you were such a bitch and we only came for the free food. Well, I suppose you can keep the extra $75 now."

My response would have been nothing, ever again.  People like that are enemies of all humankind, and should be put into death camps through constitutional amendment and act of legislature.  That is to emphatically say, not killed in any unlawful way. :goodboy:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Kleves

Soccer: The Beautiful Game.
QuoteAn amateur soccer match turned outright barbaric, leading to the deaths of a match referee and player in northeastern Brazil.

According to multiple reports from Maranhão, match referee Octavio da Silva Catanhede Jordan allegedly stabbed Josenir dos Santos Abreu to death after an argument with the player during a game on June 30.

The 20-year-old referee reportedly had a knife with him at the match and attacked Santos Abreu. The 31-year-old footballer was pronounced dead on arrival by a local hospital.

What subsequently happened was more appalling.

After witnessing the horrific attack, family and friends of the player reportedly invaded the pitch to lynch the referee, who was gruesomely quartered and decapitated by the mob, which later hung his head on a stake.

In an official statement, Valter Costa, police chief of Santa Ines in Maranhão, confirmed the ongoing investigation and assured the public that suspects were being questioned.

"Reports of witnesses have indicated some people that were in place at the time of the fact. We will identify and hold accountable all those involved. A crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not collaborate with the legality of a state law."
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

MadBurgerMaker

Governor Rick "Goodhair" "Dumbass" Perry is supposed to make an announcement about his future on Monday.  Hopefully he won't run for Gov again, but it's okay if takes another hilarious try for President.  He can win another term as Governor, but has no shot at President.  Or at least I don't think he has a shot.

Eddie Teach

Funny thing, John Edwards has the same nicknames.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 05, 2013, 10:10:03 PM

There is no spark of the divine to Rick Perry.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

I saw this launch today.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2013/07/05/2573074/missile-killer-test-launched-in.html

I was wine tasting outside of SLO when it went up. Fast little mofo. I saw it as far as a bit after the first stage broke away.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 06, 2013, 12:28:55 AM
I saw this launch today.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2013/07/05/2573074/missile-killer-test-launched-in.html

I was wine tasting outside of SLO when it went up. Fast little mofo. I saw it as far as a bit after the first stage broke away.

Lovely.  We're trying to kill missiles, the Chinese are trying to kill satellites.  I wonder who's got their priorities straight.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 06, 2013, 12:44:51 AM
Lovely.  We're trying to kill missiles, the Chinese are trying to kill satellites.  I wonder who's got their priorities straight.

We should start building ASM-135s again to make you happy.

Iormlund

Quote from: katmai on July 05, 2013, 07:27:01 PM
@ Larch and Iorm, hope you can squeal like i pig.

No. But I do a pretty good bark.

Ideologue

You know, Deliverance is a pretty good movie, but you know what sucks about it?  You can't say someone has a "pretty mouth" without invoking the specter of a Georgia hillbilly raping Ned Beatty.  Some people do have pretty mouths. :(
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 06, 2013, 01:34:20 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 06, 2013, 12:44:51 AM

We should start building ASM-135s again to make you happy.

The Chinese successfully tested a ground-launched 4-stage ASM test in May.  The last two stages were liquid-fueled, in order to rapidly accelerate to its target.
So keep giggling, people.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on July 05, 2013, 10:13:55 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 05, 2013, 10:10:03 PM

There is no spark of the divine to Rick Perry.

You gotta admit though, that campaign money chicanery was pretty dumbassed.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on July 06, 2013, 03:06:41 AM
You know, Deliverance is a pretty good movie, but you know what sucks about it?  You can't say someone has a "pretty mouth" without invoking the specter of a Georgia hillbilly raping Ned Beatty.  Some people do have pretty mouths. :(

Just say it's "beautiful".
and the horse you rode in on

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.