News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on July 02, 2013, 11:27:43 AM
We had a visit from my brother and his wife, who brought their yappy little Maltese.

:mad:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

I've had a rather good idea, a network of parish archaeology collections which will solve several problems facing a regional museum. 

I wonder how well this idea will go down with the director/trustees?  :hmm: (not at all optimistic)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Quote from: mongers on July 02, 2013, 05:45:44 PM
I've had a rather good idea, a network of parish archaeology collections which will solve several problems facing a regional museum. 

I wonder how well this idea will go down with the director/trustees?  :hmm: (not at all optimistic)

A system of tubes?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on July 02, 2013, 05:15:00 PM
Scared about the midterm elections and economy, Obama administration announces that the healthcare mandate for companies and their workers will be delayed until 2015.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/03/us/politics/obama-administration-to-delay-health-law-requirement-until-2015.html

Lame.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Savonarola on July 02, 2013, 04:40:11 PM
While Rodman wouldn't be a worse choice for a Nobel Peace Prize than some who have actually won; of all the Bad Boys I'd have to pick Joe D as the most deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize.  Some of his trades have prevented celebratory rioting in Detroit for a decade.

I think Rodman is probably just as good a pick as Obama, if not more so. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2013, 06:18:29 PM
Scared about the midterm elections and economy, Obama administration announces that the healthcare mandate for companies and their workers will be delayed until 2015.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/03/us/politics/obama-administration-to-delay-health-law-requirement-until-2015.html

Lame.

A lot of companies don't know what they hell they're doing about it.  They had plenty of time but were dragging their feet expecting the SCOTUS to shitcan it.

Phillip V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2013, 06:20:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2013, 06:18:29 PM

Lame.

A lot of companies don't know what they hell they're doing about it.

Why are you on the side of the companies? They get another year, but workers are still expected to figure out these new health exchanges by October 2013 or pay a penalty in 2014.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on July 02, 2013, 06:27:02 PM
Why are you on the side of the companies? They get another year, but workers are still expected to figure out these new health exchanges by October 2013 or pay a penalty in 2014.

I'm not on the side of the companies;  I merely see a non-partisan attempt by the Obama Administration to make the transition easier for smaller businesses, where others see an election ploy.

My black ass is still enrolling come October.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2013, 06:32:24 PM
I merely see a non-partisan attempt by the Obama Administration to make the transition easier for smaller businesses, where others see an election ploy.
That's cute.

MadImmortalMan

So a dude asks me for help with something on his computer today. I help him, and everything's cool. Later, I find out from another coworker that the guy has pinkeye. Tell me that before you make me use your keyboard and mouse, asshole.  :glare:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Phillip V

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 02, 2013, 07:59:42 PM
So a dude asks me for help with something on his computer today. I help him, and everything's cool. Later, I find out from another coworker that the guy has pinkeye. Tell me that before you make me use your keyboard and mouse, asshole.  :glare:
People are very impolite about health.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2013, 06:37:23 PM
I merely see a non-partisan attempt by the Obama Administration to make the transition easier for smaller businesses, where others see an election ploy.
That's cute.

You're so cynical.  No wonder this democracy is broken.

Phillip V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2013, 08:18:36 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2013, 06:37:23 PM
That's cute.

Not perfect, but funny; a New York Times commenter:

"December 1862:
President Lincoln announces a 'delay' in implementing the Emancipation Proclamation - it would place an 'Undue Burden' on Slaveholders.........."

derspiess

IIRC, democracy died in early June of last year, at least according to that little shithead who was crying about Walker winning the recall election.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2013, 08:35:43 PM

IIRC, democracy died in early June of last year, at least according to that little shithead who was crying about Walker winning the recall election.

:unsure: I wasn't crying that much.