News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

fhdz

Quote from: Phillip V on June 05, 2013, 08:29:42 PM
Church folk took me out to dinner at a nice restaurant after the Wednesday evening service. I sat between a 70-year-old and 85-year-old. No younger people there, but meal and dessert were paid for. :)

That sounds really fun!

:yuk:
and the horse you rode in on

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 06, 2013, 10:33:48 AM
They are cheap all the same to you to Meri. You just have to get to Europe first. He's not adding that to his equation.

Heh. True. You can go from London to Dublin for the price of some fish and chips.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Larch on June 05, 2013, 06:40:14 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 05, 2013, 11:37:32 AMYou can wonder the Forum grounds for free.

AFAIK not anymore, nowadays you have to buy a ticket for it.

I thought it was a bit odd that the best bits were free.  Going up to the Palantine was interesting but the Forum was what I really wanted to see.

Ed Anger

Quote from: fahdiz on June 06, 2013, 10:36:21 AM
Church folk took me out to dinner at a nice restaurant after the Wednesday evening service. I sat between a 70-year-old and 85-year-old. No younger people there, but meal and dessert were paid for. :)

That sounds really fun!

Free Meal!  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 06, 2013, 01:14:23 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on June 06, 2013, 10:36:21 AM

That sounds really fun!

Free Meal!  :)

Fucking church groups :yawn:

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 05, 2013, 11:37:32 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2013, 11:14:54 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on June 05, 2013, 09:50:59 AM
My one trip to Rome was a short one day trip. I arrived at sunrise so I sneaked in the forum area before they started selling tickets, by lunchtime I saw all of that area for free. :)

:hmm:

I wonder if they changed that. I don't recall paying to see the forum when I was in Rome. Now that I'm looking up it looks like Colosseum, Palatine and forum are now on one ticket.

You can wonder the Forum grounds for free.  To get up on the Palatine hill you need a ticket.  There is a ticket booth in the Forum area at the base of the stairs up to the Palatine hill.  The same ticket will get you into the Colosseum.  The line up for the Palatine ticket booth is very short while the line up for the Colosseum ticket booth can be very long (especially during the tourist season).  So going to the Palatine booth a good way of avoiding the line up.

Nope I had the right of it. Looked it up and you now pay for one ticket to do all 3.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I've never fucked a church group. Is it really that dull?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 06, 2013, 01:36:46 PM
I've never fucked a church group. Is it really that dull?

Yes

Ed Anger

Don't be a Dawkinstard.  FREE BISCUITS AND GRAVY

CountDeMoney

Churchin' food rocks all balls, man.

Ed Anger

Caliga

You niggas ever been to a potluck at a BLACK church?  I have. :yeah:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 06, 2013, 06:51:11 PM
Yes. MAC AND CHEESE
:cool:

I was at KFC the other day and got a side of mac and cheese.  TERRIBLE.  I was actually wondering if the folks that work there are embarassed by the mac and cheese they have to serve. :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points