News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

What are the prospects for advancement, possibility of lateral moves..,.

DGuller

And make sure you're actually interested in the answers to your questions.  It looks transparent and bad if you just try to show off in the form of a question.

Jacob

Is this job in Japan or the UK?

Josquius

Yeah, its teaching stuff in Japan.

Quote from: DGuller on June 03, 2013, 09:32:42 AM
And make sure you're actually interested in the answers to your questions.  It looks transparent and bad if you just try to show off in the form of a question.
But I'm not interested in the ins and outs, I just need a job. I hear its bad form to ask no questions though. :(
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on June 03, 2013, 10:16:20 AM
But I'm not interested in the ins and outs, I just need a job.

Then at least pretend to care about it, or work on your attitude. Nobody wants to hire an uninterested candidate.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on June 03, 2013, 10:17:46 AM
But I'm not interested in the ins and outs, I just need a job.

Then at least pretend to care about it, or work on your attitude. Nobody wants to hire an uninterested candidate.

Seriously.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Of course, I fully intend to pretend to care. Such is life.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on June 03, 2013, 10:21:19 AM

Come on, man, you at least have experience in the field, isn't there anything at all about the job that you wouldn't like to know beforehand? Class sizes? Pupil profiles? Extra curricular stuff? Non-teaching duties?

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on June 03, 2013, 10:23:09 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 03, 2013, 10:21:19 AM

Come on, man, you at least have experience in the field, isn't there anything at all about the job that you wouldn't like to know beforehand? Class sizes? Pupil profiles? Extra curricular stuff? Non-teaching duties?

Yeah even if it isn't something that would keep you from taking any job, I think one would still want to know about how one's life is going to be.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

But I'm not interested in the ins and outs, I just need a job. I hear its bad form to ask no questions though. :(

It's "bad form" because it immediately shows you as a substandard candidate.
and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

Yeah, you gotta pretend like those answers might make the difference in taking this job vs all the other offers you're receiving.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

I would ask whether sex with the students is allowed.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on June 03, 2013, 10:51:22 AM
I would ask whether sex with the students is allowed.

"So, um, what was the age of consent in Japan again?"

"Oogling the girls during phys ed is not weird, right"

"You don't really have sexual harassment laws over here, do you?"

Admiral Yi

"Do you provide the bunji cords or do I need to bring my own?"

Ed Anger

Sen lautenberg kicked the bucket.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive