And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on June 02, 2013, 02:15:03 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 02:19:52 PM
:lol: Hippie. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Hash is illegal on state property.
It is no excuse in the eyes of the law, otherwise enforcement of laws would be impossible.  However, in the eyes of a human being with a sense of empathy, dropping the hammer on honestly ignorant citizens can still feel like a shitty thing to do.  I do understand though that cops and prosecutors have to adopt an attitude of mafia hit men and not think about the impact of their actions, or they would go crazy.

Well put, but the person in question was not of quality character.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2013, 04:27:48 PM
This man needs to stop sending me campaign flyers. Yes, I'm a Republican in NYC but that doesn't mean I'll vote for any bump on a log with an R near his name.

@Liep - I realize this post is apropos. -_-

He looks like Divine O_O
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

I saw a Renault Le Car on the road. Running.

That is a rare duck these days.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 02, 2013, 02:14:50 PM

It was called Renault 5 in Germany. And for your 1980s flashback, here's the ad which was popular at the time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JxkfV47-gU
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

All I need to see now is a Yugo and a British car broken down on the side of the road and the suckfest will be complete.

Syt

Work tomorrow is going to be fun. My colleague comes back from her trip home to Quebec ... her plane lands at 8:30 am and she heads straight to work, because she's out of vacation days, and this was the cheapest flight she could get. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on June 02, 2013, 02:22:33 PM

It was called Renault 5 in Germany. And for your 1980s flashback, here's the ad which was popular at the time:

My family owned one for years, I was *this* close to getting it as a hand-me-down first car.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on June 02, 2013, 02:22:33 PM

Wow, it's striking how shit cars were just a few decades ago. :o

Ed Anger

Michael Douglas thinks he got his cancer by gobbling the pink taco.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 02, 2013, 05:20:45 PM
Michael Douglas thinks he got his cancer by gobbling the pink taco.

If it was Catherine Zeta-Jones, I'd like to start the chemotherapy immediately, please.

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2013, 04:27:48 PM
This man needs to stop sending me campaign flyers. Yes, I'm a Republican in NYC but that doesn't mean I'll vote for any bump on a log with an R near his name.

But he isn't just any bump on a log, he is the biggest bump on the log.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

So, a job interview tomorrow (not the dream job, just a job, I'm unemployed from August so....).
I shaved off my side burns in preperation.

When they ask if you have any questions what exactly is one supposed to ask?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 03, 2013, 09:05:51 AM
So, a job interview tomorrow (not the dream job, just a job, I'm unemployed from August so....).
I shaved off my side burns in preperation.

I used to do that. Now I don't even shave off any of my facial hair.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on June 03, 2013, 09:05:51 AMWhen they ask if you have any questions what exactly is one supposed to ask?

Any job related aspect that was not covered during the interview. For instance, asking for what a routine day would look like, what tasks would you be precisely in charge of, what the work group looks like and so on. What's the job about? Teaching?