News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

What I did/said was perfectly defensible.  She'd probably have a more difficult time explaining why it pissed her off than I would explaining my side.

At any rate, in this type of project with multiple project managers and particularly in dealing with this specific company, you have to establish yourself as an asshole early on or you'll end up someone else's bitch.  Kinda like prison.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

What did you do and say?  You never told us.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 29, 2013, 07:26:30 PM
What did you do and say?  You never told us.

I'd rather not get into the details right now :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2013, 07:19:26 PM
What I did/said was perfectly defensible.  She'd probably have a more difficult time explaining why it pissed her off than I would explaining my side.

At any rate, in this type of project with multiple project managers and particularly in dealing with this specific company, you have to establish yourself as an asshole early on or you'll end up someone else's bitch.  Kinda like prison.
Where do you work, mafia?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2013, 07:27:15 PM

:looksatwatch:

OK, is now a good time?

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: mongers on May 29, 2013, 07:44:20 PM
What's not to like:
The fact that the photographer is too high and to the right, for one.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 29, 2013, 07:33:39 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2013, 07:27:15 PM

:looksatwatch:

OK, is now a good time?

ASK AGAIN LATER

HVC

Curse you magic 8 ball!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

I cracked mine open and feasted on the blue fluid.

CountDeMoney

Hey, Ed...Costco ass gets ventilated.

OH NOES FRIENDLY FIRE
MEDIC

QuoteWoman Handing Out Samples at Va. Costco Shot Dead by Police After Acting Strangely
Police tried to subdue her with stun gun, then shot her

A woman handing out pizza samples at a Virginia Costco was shot and killed by sheriff's deputies Wednesday afternoon after she began acting strangely and came at the officers with a weapon, authorities said.

A sheriff's deputy also was wounded in the leg, possibly by a ricochet. He is expected to recover.

The melee began at about 3 p.m., when store employees noticed the woman acting oddly at the Costco in Sterling, Loudoun County Sheriff Mike Chapman said.

The woman has been identified as 38-year-old Mhai Scott of Sterling.

Witnesses said she seemed upset about the pizza she was handing out and was waving a knife and scissors, threatening employees.

Deputies were called to the store to handle the disturbance.

After they arrived, the woman — who works for a company that does sampling at Costco stores — came at the officers with a knife.

One officer tried to use a stun gun on Scott, but Chapman said the stun gun "did not work" and one of the deputies fatally shot her.

During the shooting, the second deputy was shot in the leg and later released from a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Chapman said the only shots fired were by one of the deputies.

Nora Lateef said she was at the food court when she saw three deputies rush into the store and head toward the employee lounge, asking, "Where is Linda?"

Soon, Lateef said, she heard five shots and the store was evacuated. They were saying "everybody out of the store! Out of the store!" Lateef said.

Shopper Elizabeth Avelar was among those herded out the door. "I had no idea whether somebody was being shot, if there was a bomb threat," Avelar said. "It was very difficult to get out of the parking lot — people were honking their horns. It was frightening."

The Costco Warehouse Store is located at 21398 Price Cascades Plaza in Loudoun County, Va.

Chapman said Scott was an employee of Club Demonstration Services, Inc., a Costco subcontractor.

Ed Anger

Pizza samples. I could feed my family by wandering around Costco.

11B4V

QuoteDuring the shooting, the second deputy was shot in the leg and later released from a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Chapman said the only shots fired were by one of the deputies.

They just got a lil excited is all. Paid leave. 
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".