And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on May 29, 2013, 08:44:45 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 29, 2013, 08:31:40 AM
Quote from: Josephus on May 28, 2013, 09:39:37 PMWEll? Did you enjoy it? Go anywhere cool?
The driving is terrible, though.

And parking is worse. :lol:

I can imagine. :P I don't think I saw a single car that didn't have a bump or dent on it.  :lol:

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on May 29, 2013, 08:58:46 AM
I can imagine. :p I don't think I saw a single car that didn't have a single bump or denture on it.  :lol:

I think you mean dent. Dentures are something else. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on May 29, 2013, 09:01:26 AM
I can imagine. :p I don't think I saw a single car that didn't have a single bump or denture on it.  :lol:

Already corrected. :p

DGuller

:hmm: Denture? 

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on May 29, 2013, 09:01:26 AM

Bumpers having dentures on them would be really macabre. :x 

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on May 29, 2013, 09:02:49 AM
:hmm: Denture?

A common problem when running over the elderly - the dentures get imbedded in the bodywork, and are a bitch to remove.

No wonder I see traffic signs that say "Beware of Elderly Pedestrians".  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

The Maltese put strange things on their cars. One of them is dentures. Unless you've been there, don't knock it. :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on May 29, 2013, 09:13:27 AM
The Maltese put strange things on their cars. One of them is dentures. Unless you've been there, don't knock it. :D

I also saw some decorative maple leafs on houses. And some kangaroos.

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on May 29, 2013, 09:28:05 AM

Those are probably from returning Canucks and Aussies.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on May 29, 2013, 10:13:04 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 29, 2013, 09:28:05 AM

Those are probably from returning Canucks and Aussies.

Yup, in true "indiano" fashion. ;)

lustindarkness

I was a bit tired from the weekend, yesterday at work was rough. I got home and laid down to watch TV after dinner. CF says I was snoring before 8pm and I awoke at 6:30 this morning. I had not slept that much in a long time.  :)

I should schedule more than 6 hours of sleep every once in a while.  :hmm:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

The man purse is really popular in Moscow.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2013, 06:45:31 PM
How often did your accent get you laid?  I want daily metrics.   Amount of ass per day.

It was nothing to write home about in that sense. We spent most of the time on our own out in the boondonks, and when we were in civilized places we were usually in company of other Spaniards, so we didn't get to mingle much with the locals. And as was already said, Spanish accents in California are not *that* unusual.

I'm sure that if I went to the Mid West I'd be telling a very different story. :P

Caliga

560 years ago today the Turks started giving it to the Greeks in the ass. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on