News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Looking up in Hong Kong.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

DGuller

:x If I lived in Hong Kong, you'd have to be looking up, because at some point my body would be crashing down.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on May 28, 2013, 01:49:55 PM
Looking up in Hong Kong.

:cool:

All it needs is rain and androids.  :ccr:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on May 28, 2013, 01:49:55 PM
Looking up in Hong Kong.

That is a cool picture.  At first I wasnt sure what I was looking at.  I thought it was an optical illusion of some sort.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Hong Kong seems to be an interesting, vibrant place. I think I would actually not mind living there in one of those skyscrapers...

garbon

I just got a flyer for a repub candidate for NYC mayoral race. It was mostly about harlem, brooklyn and staten island. I don't know why his supporters thought I'd care about those things. :hmm:

Meanwhile Christine Quinn actually comes to and represents my district.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: Zanza on May 28, 2013, 02:15:27 PM
Hong Kong seems to be an interesting, vibrant place. I think I would actually not mind living there in one of those skyscrapers...
For what salary?

Iormlund

Job interview today.

They offer €21000/year for someone responsible of intervening at the Opel factory. And it's far enough away to burn €200 on gas every month as well. Jesus fucking Christ. I should have simply gotten a job at McDonalds right out of high school.

Phillip V

Quote from: Iormlund on May 28, 2013, 04:34:00 PM
Job interview today.

They offer €21000/year for someone responsible of intervening at the Opel factory. And it's far enough away to burn €200 on gas every month as well. Jesus fucking Christ. I should have simply gotten a job at McDonalds right out of high school.
What did you instead do after high school?

Iormlund

Engineering school. Worst fucking mistake of my life.

mongers

Quote from: Iormlund on May 28, 2013, 04:36:19 PM

Wrong the world needs engineers, not more BS like MBA graduates.

When you're real old you'll be able to look back on some real stuff you build and maintained, rather than a series of consultancy gigs, during which you off loaded some bullshit and moved on before consequences of the re-structuring/reorganisation become apparent. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on May 28, 2013, 05:12:38 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on May 28, 2013, 04:36:19 PM

Wrong the world needs engineers, not more BS like MBA graduates.

Amen to that.  Stay strong, Iorm.

The Larch

The thing is that he didn't finish school and started working without graduating, IIRC. Now he has plenty of experience but no degrees to show around at all.