News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on April 08, 2013, 12:48:11 PM
Does Femen only recruit hotties? They don't seem to have any non-attractive members.

Once they win even uglies will be confident enough to go topless. This we cannot abide.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

The incumbent mayor of Copenhagen is going into next election on a platform for legalising cannabis.

http://cphpost.dk/local/mayors-party-officially-endorses-legal-cannabis-ahead-elections
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Liep

Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2013, 04:35:00 PM
:cry:

Yes, if someone had told me five years ago that the Krarups would be the most influential family in Danish politics I would've run away.

Jacob

Quote from: Liep on April 08, 2013, 04:42:21 PMYes, if someone had told me five years ago that the Krarups would be the most influential family in Danish politics I would've run away.

Is there more than one of them currently involved?

Liep

Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2013, 05:04:56 PM
Is there more than one of them currently involved?

Krarup the Elder is crusading against the "zionistic communist" Krasnik after he dared to raise questions about Hedegaard and his Muslim-hating friends

His daughter, the one on the board in DR, then got in on that as well. Telling Krasnik he's a shit, or something. (Which breaks the famous "armslængdeprincip", but DF doesn't really care about that anyhow: cue to yesterday where took money from a youth organisation because they disagreed with them)

His other daughter, the MP, is the one who's against the NZ'ers.

This reminds me, keep them in check, please. :P

Jacob

I've met all of them, but I was just a kid. I'm from the lefty side of the family, so I doubt they'd listen to me.

I visited Søren's brother - Steen - last time I was in Denmark, but we didn't discuss politics at all. He is all into obscure Danish military history; which is reasonably fascinating :)

Liep

Wise, sometimes politics should just be avoided. I get that too at times in my family.

MadImmortalMan

They say that a person's income will gravitate toward the median of that of the people with whom he regularly associates over time. I wonder if simply moving to a place full of rich people would have a similar effect.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Larch

That deep green blot in the middle of Ohio must be Ed's manor.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on April 08, 2013, 06:42:25 PM
That deep green blot in the middle of Ohio must be Ed's manor.

That is the Columbus suburbs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Why are all the ski areas in Wyoming and Colorado dark green?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 08, 2013, 06:40:13 PM
They say that a person's income will gravitate toward the median of that of the people with whom he regularly associates over time. I wonder if simply moving to a place full of rich people would have a similar effect.
I wonder to which extent there is a feedback loop when it comes to income and cost of living, especially in our society where we just service one another.  After all, behind every extra dollar of cost of living, a large portion of that extra dollar is someone else's extra income.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2013, 05:20:55 PM
I've met all of them, but I was just a kid. I'm from the lefty side of the family, so I doubt they'd listen to me.

I visited Søren's brother - Steen - last time I was in Denmark, but we didn't discuss politics at all. He is all into obscure Danish military history; which is reasonably fascinating :)

There's one or possibly two redundant words in that sentence.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on April 08, 2013, 06:55:22 PM
Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2013, 05:20:55 PM
He is all into obscure Danish military history; which is reasonably fascinating :)

There's one or possibly two redundant words in that sentence.  :P

That would make for an incredibly intense and incredibly short conversation.