News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2013, 11:31:47 AM
Looks like they're not aiming at the Dazzling-Urbanites-With-$1,500-Gets-You-In! crowd as much as they are aiming it at younger working adults who've entered the housing market since 2008 that don't have a strong credit history.

Still looks dangerous.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

680 now isn't the same as it was before the bubble burst. I think my credit was about that when I bought my house. I did a bridge loan in lieu of 20% down. That transaction could not happen today. Of course, if I were buying my house today I wouldn't need to do it like that.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

Quote from: sbr on April 02, 2013, 05:51:30 PM
It's not physically possible for taco bell, or any food, to go from one end to the other in 22 minutes, right?

Happens to me with Big Macs all the time.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

It helps when your food is already "pre-processed".

Eddie Teach

Your alimentary canal is only like 40 feet long- food doesn't have to travel along every little fold.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 03, 2013, 01:11:46 PM
Your alimentary canal is only like 40 feet long- food doesn't have to travel along every little fold.

Sure it does.  There are no short cuts. :huh:

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2013, 01:13:07 PM

Sure it does.  There are no short cuts. :huh:

Tesseract!
and the horse you rode in on

MadImmortalMan

DGuller's is 45 feet.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

I'm off. You all can go fuck yourselves.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

Depardieus new apartment is in flames. Why the hell would you move to Groznyj, though? I mean, surely, there are better places in Russia if you decide to move there.

http://rt.com/news/chechnya-tallest-building-fire-280/
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 03, 2013, 11:44:48 AM
680 now isn't the same as it was before the bubble burst. I think my credit was about that when I bought my house. I did a bridge loan in lieu of 20% down. That transaction could not happen today. Of course, if I were buying my house today I wouldn't need to do it like that.

To lock people out automatically if they're below 725--as a lender told me when I was looking at new homes prior to Shareholder Value Happy Fun Time--doesn't do anybody or the economy any favors, either.
But I think there's been a few more mechanisms put in place to avoid giving somebody a $280K mortgage with a 550 rating;  this initiative seems to be aimed at FHA-applicable first timers.

11B4V

Awesome piece of equipment here. Takes down big scot's broom in a jiffy. Probably work good on zombies too. :P

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

Quote from: 11B4V on April 03, 2013, 04:33:42 PM
Awesome piece of equipment here. Takes down big scot's broom in a jiffy. Probably work good on zombies too. :P

Looks like a cross between an Alien and a Power tool.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2013, 03:35:28 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 03, 2013, 11:44:48 AM

To lock people out automatically if they're below 725--as a lender told me when I was looking at new homes prior to Shareholder Value Happy Fun Time--doesn't do anybody or the economy any favors, either.
But I think there's been a few more mechanisms put in place to avoid giving somebody a $280K mortgage with a 550 rating;  this initiative seems to be aimed at FHA-applicable first timers.

I'm pretty much resigned to never owning a home unless I'm the last heir standing when my parents die.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)