News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: frunk on March 26, 2013, 10:08:10 AM
Hair color can change as you get older.  When I was young I had blond hair but now it is brown.  Some of your or her relatives probably had similar colored hair when they were her age.

Nobody can think of anyone.  My wife's cousin has red hair but that came from her mom, who is not a blood relative of my wife.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

ulmont

Quote from: derspiess on March 26, 2013, 09:59:09 AM

How does it work?  I'm trying to figure out how my daughter got red hair (looks auburn in low light but you can really see the red on a sunny day).  Nobody in my family or hers has red hair.  And she looks like me so no wisecracks about the milkman.

Googling suggests it's just a couple of recessive genes.

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on March 26, 2013, 09:46:46 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 26, 2013, 09:17:36 AM
That comic turned me on.

He's not married to both of them at the same time.

I would never marry a blonde.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Plus, I should be able to have multiple wives. Get over your hang ups society.

derspiess

Quote from: ulmont on March 26, 2013, 10:32:33 AM

How does it work?  I'm trying to figure out how my daughter got red hair (looks auburn in low light but you can really see the red on a sunny day).  Nobody in my family or hers has red hair.  And she looks like me so no wisecracks about the milkman.

Googling suggests it's just a couple of recessive genes.

That reminds me of one of my favorite Awkward Family Photos:

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2012/09/05/red-dawn/

"Recessive just got dominant."

Ed Anger

I saw that family at Cracker Barrel last week!

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 26, 2013, 11:01:40 AM
I saw that family at Cracker Barrel last week!

I'm pretty sure they went to my church in the 70s.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

Quote from: fahdiz on March 26, 2013, 11:19:20 AM
He looks super happy!

"Jim, sneer at the camera a bit more.  Perfect!" <snap>

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 26, 2013, 08:14:39 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 26, 2013, 08:03:50 AM
Red hair can't have a child with hair that blonde (even if she cheated on brown hair with a Swede), red hair is incomplete dominate and would result in a child with strawberry blonde hair if the father was blonde, or auburn if he was a brunette.

:rolleyes:

That's not how it works.

First both women are white so netheir color is their natural hair color. Same can be said of the dude, maybe he was graying early & dyed is hair starting his midlife crisis early & that's why he left his first family.

Only the original little girl, with her blond hair, is authentic. Blonde hair is common in small kids too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 26, 2013, 07:29:11 AM
Yet you refuse to use them.

Yes, I completely refuse to get hired.  You fucking French nigger.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 26, 2013, 11:55:22 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 26, 2013, 07:29:11 AM
Yet you refuse to use them.

Yes, I completely refuse to get hired.  You fucking French nigger.

Don't be daft. Just go back to being a bounty hunter.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on March 26, 2013, 10:11:57 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 26, 2013, 10:02:32 AM
Poor girl. :(

I know.  But somehow she still pulls it off :wub:

Eh, as long as she stays away from the UK, red hair is always in greater demand than supply.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 26, 2013, 07:08:01 AM
I have marketable skills.  I'm in a fucking bunny suit.  So fuck you, Inhumane Resources.

Is this it?  :P