News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

So this was posted as karma. Seems to me it shows babies being the worst.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Red hair can't have a child with hair that blonde (even if she cheated on brown hair with a Swede), red hair is incomplete dominate and would result in a child with strawberry blonde hair if the father was blonde, or auburn if he was a brunette.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 26, 2013, 08:03:50 AM
Red hair can't have a child with hair that blonde (even if she cheated on brown hair with a Swede), red hair is incomplete dominate and would result in a child with strawberry blonde hair if the father was blonde, or auburn if he was a brunette.

:rolleyes:

That's not how it works.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on March 26, 2013, 06:59:44 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on March 26, 2013, 05:49:08 AM
I wrote this sonnet with less polish and effort than most- it was just for fun.
Less sonnet writing, more learning of marketable skills PLZ.
What's the point?  He's an American youth, and tempermentally he isn't suited for the cutthroat competition of the professional job market.  The time when everyone had a part to play in the workforce is over, so he might as well do whatever makes him happy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lettow77

The only way I could see justification for being concerned with my lackadaisical nature is if it was felt I should be contributing something.

Where my own comfort and material needs are concerned, I apprehend no worries in the future.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2013, 07:46:08 AM

That and that seems pretty weak karma for abandoning your family.  OMG my ex is hot again?!  What have I done?!  OH THE HUMANITY!!!111
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 26, 2013, 08:56:14 AM

That and that seems pretty weak karma for abandoning your family.  OMG my ex is hot again?!  What have I done?!  OH THE HUMANITY!!!111

Well the karma is that since you didn't stick to "for better for worse", you get to always have the one in disrepair.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on March 26, 2013, 08:56:14 AM

dude got off well (well except for the alimony that paid for the ex's plastic surgery :P ). It's the second wife that got karma'd :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

That comic turned me on.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 26, 2013, 09:17:36 AM
That comic turned me on.

He's not married to both of them at the same time.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 26, 2013, 08:14:39 AM

That's not how it works.

How does it work?  I'm trying to figure out how my daughter got red hair (looks auburn in low light but you can really see the red on a sunny day).  Nobody in my family or hers has red hair.  And she looks like me so no wisecracks about the milkman.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on March 26, 2013, 09:59:09 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 26, 2013, 08:14:39 AM

That's not how it works.

How does it work?  I'm trying to figure out how my daughter got red hair (looks auburn in low light but you can really see the red on a sunny day).  Nobody in my family or hers has red hair.  And she looks like me so no wisecracks about the milkman.

You really think Timmay knows what he is talking about? BTW, theres no more milkmen, its the UPS and FEDEX guy.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

frunk

Quote from: derspiess on March 26, 2013, 09:59:09 AM

That's not how it works.

[/quote]

Hair color can change as you get older.  When I was young I had blond hair but now it is brown.  Some of your or her relatives probably had similar colored hair when they were her age.