Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 24, 2013, 04:58:17 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 24, 2013, 08:34:54 AM
Just plain green tea or macha?
I was at some awesome 'everything' shop today and found in its supermarket an entire section of macha flavoured stuff. Which is awesome. Macha aero is odd.

Yeah, it was matcha. I didn't want to needlessly confuse, so I said green tea.

Tea-flavoured everything is one of the only ways Japan's cuisine redeems itself.

:blink:
Macha is amazing but...Japanese food is great.
██████
██████
██████

Phillip V

Infants Are Fed Solid Food Too Soon

"Despite growing warnings from pediatricians about feeding newborns anything other than breast milk or formula, many mothers appear to be introducing solid food well before their babies' bodies can handle it, says a study published Monday in the journal Pediatrics.

In a national survey of 1,334 mothers, conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 40 percent said they gave their baby solid food before they were 4 months old, with 9 percent starting as early as 4 weeks. Doctors now recommend waiting until a baby is at least 6 months old."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/25/health/many-babies-fed-solid-food-too-soon-cdc-finds.html

Lettow77

We've had this talk before, tyr- I have a hard time accepting a diet so deficient in dairy. Butter is basically the secret ingredient to having a good meal.

Japanese, even when they seem to be on the right path, are too likely to break a raw egg over what they were planning to eat, or fail to sufficiently cook an ingredient at a critical point in time. Moreover, they take too much license with just what all within nature's vast domain should constitute ingredients in the first place.

Also, basic elements of their cooking are worrisome.

I came of age in an environment where good was defined by fried food, sauces based in vinegar and tomato rather than kelp and dried fish shavings.

Finally, there is no equivalent to the Biscuits from home one longs to apply jam, honey, or gravy to.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Phillip V

Halfway Houses Don't Reduce Recidivism

"Inmates in halfway houses were more likely to return to crime than inmates released directly to the street."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/25/nyregion/pennsylvania-study-finds-halfway-houses-dont-reduce-recidivism.html

Grey Fox

Quote from: Phillip V on March 25, 2013, 03:59:00 AM
Infants Are Fed Solid Food Too Soon

"Despite growing warnings from pediatricians about feeding newborns anything other than breast milk or formula, many mothers appear to be introducing solid food well before their babies' bodies can handle it, says a study published Monday in the journal Pediatrics.

In a national survey of 1,334 mothers, conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 40 percent said they gave their baby solid food before they were 4 months old, with 9 percent starting as early as 4 weeks. Doctors now recommend waiting until a baby is at least 6 months old."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/25/health/many-babies-fed-solid-food-too-soon-cdc-finds.html

Milk Formula companies BS.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 25, 2013, 07:08:48 AM

Must be the breast milk companies, too.

garbon

Of course, it is really just the American Academy of Pediatrics.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 25, 2013, 07:08:48 AM

Well I guess I have to admire the way they have bought off the majority of Pediatricians.

Anyway 4 months does seem a little nuts, but I am sure in Quebec they get a steady diet of poutine from birth.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Just like any Southerns get a steady diet of Chicken & Waffles.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

In southern california, I did get a steady diet of quesadillas. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

A cafe opened down the block that sells quesadillas. I buy them twice a week.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

And they are probably shit.

jimmy olsen

Surprisingly good, especially given how poorly Koreans usually do Western food.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

You're from New England so...