And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 21, 2013, 10:52:29 AM
You're running hot and cold grab.

You thinking about pulling up stakes hillary?
Yes, but not to Portugal. My verbal skills are good (but surprise surprise :lol:) my reading and writing not so much. Thinking Australia. The accounting designation I'm getting is cross compliant with a aussie version.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

So a kid born to two Portagee emmigrants who are not married to each other does not get Portagee citizenship?  What an odd law.

Anyone of any other countries that do it this way?

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 21, 2013, 06:44:23 AM
Kitty cat eyes.  Meow.  Squee.  Banzai.
Cats, Asians, writing...

Are you Lettow from the future, sent back in a time machine to fight the excesses of capitalism?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 21, 2013, 01:03:27 PM
So a kid born to two Portagee emmigrants who are not married to each other does not get Portagee citizenship?  What an odd law.

If their birth certificate says their parents were single they're good. Mine says married but they have no record of marriage in Portugal so records don't match. No match no citizenship.

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Admiral Yi

If only thee red a record of marriage.   :(

HVC

i was just woken up from a nap by a phone call and i'm still groggy. that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it lol

MadImmortalMan

Apparently, the average Russian has about five feet more intestines than the average Italian.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 21, 2013, 04:31:23 PM
Apparently, the average Russian has about five feet more intestines than the average Italian.
We have guts. :yeah:

PDH

And you're full of shit.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HVC on March 21, 2013, 03:38:30 PM

If their birth certificate says their parents were single they're good. Mine says married but they have no record of marriage in Portugal so records don't match. No match no citizenship.
They got married in Canada or Portugal?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on March 21, 2013, 09:05:10 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 21, 2013, 06:50:55 AM
Testifying before a committee in the Maryland General Assembly today.  Going to give them the "what-fer, I say" on a bill that's up that could finance the county's support for NPO animal shelter volunteer programs.

:thumbsup:

Good luck with that.

You know what the biggest problem and hurdle is for activism?  Activists.  :bleeding:

HVC

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 21, 2013, 05:14:07 PM
Quote from: HVC on March 21, 2013, 03:38:30 PM

They got married in Canada or Portugal?
Canada. They met here.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 21, 2013, 05:28:56 PM
Testifying before a committee in the Maryland General Assembly today.  Going to give them the "what-fer, I say" on a bill that's up that could finance the county's support for NPO animal shelter volunteer programs.

Good luck with that.

You know what the biggest problem and hurdle is for activism?  Activists.  :bleeding:

Let me guess, you was in a suit and they were dressed as if they just shopped at Goodwill?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 21, 2013, 06:08:15 PM

Let me guess, you was in a suit and they were dressed as if they just shopped at Goodwill?

The face piercings and forehead tats also are a high probability.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 21, 2013, 06:08:15 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 21, 2013, 05:28:56 PM

Good luck with that.

I think it was the mandatory fairy wings that most annoyed him.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"