Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I'm so gonna diaglogue this chick:

Hello. How are you?
You want to find out, from i know yours email and who has given to me? I'm
will attempt to tell to you detail.
I have absolutely unexpectedly learnt yours email from agents. You not
against dialogue?
Hey! I'm an awesome a woman trying to meet a nice, normal guy...
I'm friendly,loving, am a fun, hardworking girl with a good heart who will
make anything and everything for the relatives...
I love a good sense of humor, charm, confidence, honesty and chivalry, going
to the beach in the summer and traveling. Family is on the first place to
me, i hope it is important to you too.
I am looking for an independent, mentally stable man with a good sense of
humor that is looking for a real, warm relationship, who shares some of the
same ideas, but someone who can introduce me to different things. I'm a true
romantic ! At the very least, I'm looking for someone I can have an
enjoyable time with.
Has fixed my photograph, I hope to be pleasant to you.

If I have interested you write to me: [a yahoo email account]

I hope to see off you the email
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

View from St. Stephen's Cathedral Vienna towards ca. North - the close "river" is the Danube Canal, Danube further at the back. The famous Ringstraße (that would try to mimick the Champs-Elysees ) is not yet built.

A view in the same direction today (albeit from lower height, and looking further to the right as seen by the hills in the background):

Ringstraßen-Tower on the left, the two Flak towers at Augarten park in the center, Millennium Tower on the right. Danube Canal is now hidden by buildings.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

View towards the baroque Karlskirche in 1860:

The view today (church is center left). The skyline of the Wienerberg City (a business park in the southern part of my district) in center.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

Very cool.  So what do they use the flak towers for now?  I'd have thought they'd tear them down.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: derspiess on January 30, 2013, 01:06:58 PM
Very cool.  So what do they use the flak towers for now?  I'd have thought they'd tear them down.

I think I saw something about them getting transformed into living space. It might have been Germany instead.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Larch

IIRC they were way too sturdy to be torn down without turning the whole area into a disaster zone. At least one of them was used as an aquarium.

DGuller

Wow, that housing stock looks just a tad outdated.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on January 30, 2013, 01:11:50 PM

IIRC they were way too sturdy to be torn down without turning the whole area into a disaster zone. At least one of them was used as an aquarium.

Yep. The others are mostly empty, I think. Here's an article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flak_tower
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Mostly empty?  That's a damned shame.  Would make for awesome loft properties.

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 30, 2013, 01:39:10 PM

Windowless lofts.

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on January 30, 2013, 02:01:32 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 30, 2013, 01:39:10 PM

Windowless lofts.

For blind people :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Those would make good zombie proof homes.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Next on House Hunters International...
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould