The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Novel excuse for drink/drug/bad driving: 

US rapper Rick Ross involved in drive-by shooting

Page last updated at 17:35 GMT, Monday, 28 January 2013
By Chi Chi Izundu

Rapper Rick Ross has been involved in a drive-by shooting in Miami.

Fort Lauderdale police have confirmed that the star, whose real name is William L. Roberts, was driving his silver Rolls Royce when he heard gunshots being fired in his direction.

It's thought the attack happened at around five o'clock this morning (Monday 28 January).

Officers also confirmed that there was a passenger with him called Shateria L. Moragne-el.

Neither of them were injured.

In a statement police said: "The driver of the Rolls Royce attempted to drive away from the direction of the shots being fired and lost control of the vehicle, striking a nearby apartment building."

Detectives say the suspects had left the area before they arrived.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/21238138

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

:yes:  Roger Thornhill tried to use that one 50 years ago.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on January 28, 2013, 04:22:02 PM
What's the novel part? :hmm:

Oops, had my Brit.Cultural.Binkers on, over here it would be taken as total BS, I guess in Miami or wherever, it would have a ring of truth to it; though still think it's BS on this particular persons part. 

garbon

Well it's totally possible that he was high/drunk and driving away from gunfire when he hit the building. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Shit. Turns out I didn't have a minor cold afterall but full fledged flu.
Just hope I'm allowed sick leave from work and its not counted as a normal holiday.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

The GEMA is the German association of composers/writers who are very strict about cashing in whenever someone uses a song anywhere (they even tried cashing in if you play GEMA music on private events). As they rerpresent writers/composers, not publishers or artists, it can sometimes be tricky to see whether or not a song is covered by GEMA.

Which leads to this link. It shows how many and which of the top 1000 YouTube videos are blocked for Germany, because of *possible* GEMA issues:

http://apps.opendatacity.de/gema-vs-youtube/

61.5%. (Austria 1.1%, USA: 0.9%)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

My bank has changed name 5 times since I created an account there, and been registered in 3 different countries (Iceland, UK and now Denmark). Good times.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

I'm watching the new episode of Top Gear. The guest star is the guy who plays Brody on Homeland. I knew he was British but....wow. Totally surprising to hear him speaking in such a broad London accent
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Damian Lewis is his name. Also, he's Dick Winters, not Brody. :rolleyes:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 29, 2013, 07:05:05 AM
Damian Lewis is his name. Also, he's Dick Winters, not Brody. :rolleyes:

This.

I've watched Band of Brothers quite a few times,s o seeing him on an English program with his original accent for the first time was kinda strange. I recall a number of BoB actors were actually Brits.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Sheilbh

Yeah, Damian Lewis is one of the Etonians :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on January 29, 2013, 08:32:01 AM
WTF Belgium/Netherlands?

Love the whole enclave within an enclave thing. And yes I know about enclave/exclaves but I can't be arse to state with is in relation to whi.ch country.