News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

When I fly out to Cuba for my annual winter break, we tend to fly on holiday package charter flights. These airline tend to pay less than the regular airlines and consequently the flight attendants tend to be entry level, meaning young...and normally quite cute and flirtatious.  Although they also tend to have young gay men.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Why are all the male flight attendants gay? Seems like it would be a nice job if one enjoyed traveling.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 19, 2013, 09:28:58 AM
Why are all the male flight attendants gay? Seems like it would be a nice job if one enjoyed traveling.

They can't hire straight males, it would be discrimination.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

the straight males fly the planes, not serve drinks. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

I was once on an Air France flight that had an all male cabin crew. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on January 19, 2013, 11:40:21 AM
the straight males fly the planes, not serve drinks. ;)

I used to always make it a point to peek into the cockpit when boarding, and I'd ask the stewardess if I could ask the pilot what branch he flew for;  usually, that could let me know what kind of landing to expect.  Those Navy guys always seem to drop the ass looking for that arresting cable.

I always felt better seeing some older guy behind the yoke that flew B-52s in 'Nam.  Nowadays, it seems to be 30something dudes that look like they came straight out of the fucking IT Department.

I don't look in the cockpit anymore.  I just don't.

CountDeMoney

Finally, Syt posts his real-life pic in his avatar.  About time.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 19, 2013, 11:47:33 AM

Watched "Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines" again. Still an awesome movie. Fröbe's character is even called "von Holstein", where I'm from. :lol: He looks more like my dad, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on January 19, 2013, 11:49:47 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 19, 2013, 11:47:33 AM

Watched "Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines" again. Still an awesome movie. Fröbe's character is even called "von Holstein", where I'm from. :lol: He looks more like my dad, though.

Damn, that film was good, the epitome of a childhood film for me, none of this disney syrupy schmaltz stuff.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Quote from: mongers on January 19, 2013, 11:57:04 AM
Damn, that film was good, the epitome of a childhood film for me, none of this disney syrupy schmaltz stuff.

That, and The Great Race Around the World, with Tony Curtis. Staples of my childhood.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on January 19, 2013, 12:04:47 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 19, 2013, 11:57:04 AM

That, and The Great Race Around the World, with Tony Curtis. Staples of my childhood.

Good one, plus others like the David Niven 'Around the World In Eighty Days'
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josephus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 19, 2013, 11:46:56 AM

I don't look in the cockpit anymore.  I just don't.

Do they even allow you to do that anymore? Nowadays cockpits tend to be locked and guarded with anti-tank guns and a minefield.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on January 19, 2013, 01:14:19 PM
Do they even allow you to do that anymore? Nowadays cockpits tend to be locked and guarded with anti-tank guns and a minefield.

Not until they close the main door.  On these Embraier and Bombardier regional jets you have to crawl over the pilot to get to your seat.

DGuller

I was just searching online for restaurants to order dinner from, and I saw Luca Brasi's Italian Deli.   :hmm:  May not be the best name for a restaurant, if you want to cater to people outside of a small tightly-knit clientele.