Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I don't know how to feel about that.

HVC

Quote from: Syt on January 16, 2013, 04:50:11 AM
So the courier service who's holding my calendar hostage have decided to deliver to my office address after all, after I informed them that I would hand the matter over to Austrian consumer protection organizations.

It's surprising how often that threat yields the desired result.
what was their reasoning for not delivering to your office address?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Quote from: HVC on January 16, 2013, 07:49:42 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 16, 2013, 04:50:11 AM
So the courier service who's holding my calendar hostage have decided to deliver to my office address after all, after I informed them that I would hand the matter over to Austrian consumer protection organizations.

It's surprising how often that threat yields the desired result.
what was their reasoning for not delivering to your office address?

That, according to their terms & conditions, is a change of delivery address (from my home address) which has to come from the original sender, and incurs extra charges. They deposited the item at a shop that I can't get to outside my work hours. I asked them to deposit it at a different shop, but they refused that, too, on the grounds that it would be an "additional delivery contract".

They're the only courier service that does it. They're also the only courier service charging €0.88 on their hotline, the others all charge local are rates. Then again, they're probably cheaper than UPS. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 16, 2013, 06:50:15 AM

Euro trash products. I'm surprised they didn't puff out his lips.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

At least it's not the target silhouettes derspiess has.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 16, 2013, 08:25:55 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 16, 2013, 06:50:15 AM

Euro trash products. I'm surprised they didn't puff out his lips.

Didn't he have an afro? :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Dr. King always kept it close.

Jesse, on the other hand, that fucker could cause a solar eclipse with his back in '68.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 16, 2013, 09:51:56 AM
Dr. King always kept it close.

Jesse, on the other hand, that fucker could cause a solar eclipse with his back in '68.

I wasn't being serious. :P

On a different note - found a photo in my apartment the other day of when I had a picked out blond fro. Rough! :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Whoa, blondfro?  Bet that was a sight.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 16, 2013, 08:27:43 AM
At least it's not the target silhouettes derspiess has.

N-word, puhleeze.  I greatly admire Dr. King-- his public persona at least.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Timmy found the portrait site. Sigh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

The Google doodle is a Zamboni game today.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

I think it started yesterday as I played it before I went to bed last night. :P